The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
Get it goin , Bubba! end of the month,,,,you are gonna get a respected TRT'er down there to review the goings on,,,,,;)
is it just me? or do i smell saltwater,,,,,,,,,? :funny: :funny:

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:bigeek: :bigeek: :bigeek:

Someone stole all your stuff! I guess you aren't done aquascaping yet are you?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Ooooooohhhh, Aaaaahhhhhhhh

:D

Jenn

·
Registered
778 Posts
:thumbup: :drool: :nuts: that looks very trick, jerel! :nuts: :drool: :thumbup:

·
Natural Reefer
226 Posts
Jerel, looking good, I like the starboard look. How are the fish adjusting to the new look? No need to feed the sand bed.:beer: :beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
SOMEBODY better get things in gear,,,,,,TRT STAFF coming down to do a review,,,,Ahem
Tick Tock , tick Tock,,,,only 25 days or so,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
At least i got old pics to show people,,,,,,:D ;)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Looking good Jerel, I presume you decided to stay with a reef tank and not go with a FO like you were talking about not long ago?
Steve

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Greg really is starting the port reef. LOL

Steve, it's still up in the air. Right now it's a FOWLRAOC (fish only with live rock and one coral) :)

Here's what I'm after. I lowered the rocks this time. Not only did that make the tank look a lot bigger and give Malcomb more swimming room. It lets more current flow through the tank. I can take more water out each water change too. With no sand bed, there's no reason not to let the current rip. Plus that keeps any detritus suspended. This time, rather than let years of gook build up in the sand, I'm taking it out almost as fast as it comes.

I predict I'm going to have a much healthier tank and much healthier inhabitants. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
You go Jerel I to will be throwing out the sand bed soon I have seen bottomless tank they look great lately and I want to blow that current to,I think DSB should stand for dead sand bed eventually:)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts