The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I moved my toadstool leather again so he is directly in front of a powerhead. I am trying to get a good pic but it isn't really facing the right way for me.

Basically he is sloughing his slime coat. Yesterday a good thick layer of algae came off....

Today some of the polyps are open but as you can see around the edges there are still some "white" areas.

I know it is hard to see in these pics - but basically whitish patches where the polyps don't open...

Can anyone tell me if this leather has a fungus or something? Are the white areas normal on a toadstool - I don't remember seeeing them when I bought it? If a fungus - what can I do?

I know leathers are tempramental and can poute etc. So the fact that he isn't always open doesn't bother me - but the white patches do...

Opinions????

Attachments

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
Hmmm I think if it were mine I would do a dip in Iodine treated water and then return it and see how that went.
By all means get a second opinion before doing this, I may be missing something here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug - how much Iodine? Can you give me direction?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks- I do use Kent so I'll look!

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
I used to take a gallon of water from the sump, dose it with the Iodine at recommended level and dip it for 10 mins, then return coral to tank, replacing the old water with new SW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts