The Reef Tank banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
To many tanks to describe
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sunday, september 11, 2021 - moving the #butterflyreef
There was no enough space to build the #panoramareef tanksection2, so the butterflyreef needed to move.
All the electric wiring of the #DSRreef1200 was in the cabinet below, so that needed rewiring.
The tank was emptied down to 10cm, moved , refilled, replumbed and rewired to make it operational again.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Removed the wall unit to make room for a 120x100 pallet box that will serve as a temporary storage for coral and fish from the #EZ550HYB system. This is going out and in its place comes the old 1200litre tank which I will probably set up as a primary fish tank. The idea is to use less lighting than is normally required for a reef aquarium, so keeping this tank is not a big expense. I wonder how long I will be able to keep this up..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wednesday, 15 September 2021 #Panoramareef - drilling 4 holes. Today the diamond glass drills finally arrived. I was waiting to be able to continue. First I had to make a drilling template from plywood and mount it in the right place. To allow fish to swim back and forth from section1 to section2, I made two 100mm holes to connect the aquariums. For this, I had to drill four 100mm holes in 10mm glass. It took me 2 hours because I was too careful. Once I got the hang of it, it was 10-15 minutes per hole.
After alignment, I drilled the end of section 2 flat on the table
The next step is to prepare the glass to seal section 2.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I’m looking forward to when you put the two tanks together. Do you think the fish will use the holes to pass from one to the other tank.
I am sure they will
I used a tube before between 2 tanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - #panoramareef fixing section2/3 Today my son finally had time to join me in placing the glass panels. Section2/3 with capacity 2200 liters is glued and is still waiting for the placement of the bracing

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Love it.
For some reason when it I see I see the thread title I thing paranormal reef instead of panarama.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts