The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Right down the middle!
Good morning Everyone, and.....HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY!

70's and cloudy.......good thing there's coffee ready! And appears we're having Famous Amos.....NOT! A conspiracy I tell Ya! But there is some Post Fruit n Nuts Strawberry to get us going.

No idea what the day holds, but let's go look,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Morning everyone. Been a while, but finally settling out.

In Texas for three days at the home office of my new company. Went with a couple of others that work with me in the cornfields to the Texas State Fair last night. That was a lot of fun with some good eats. The new lady in my life sticks to vegetables and fish, but I am in a different time zone and feasted on Armadillo eggs and tamales. Great brisket tacos out here as well.

Last day of our meetings today, then flying back to Ohio tomorrow. In the middle of a Basement 2.0 project.

Enjoy your Hump Day.

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Goooood mawnin’, Hack, PERRY, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee the item from Post...is that cereal? Don’t forget about Drakes Funny Bones, they are feeling neglected. Oatmeat with nanners is ready.
I’m confused... are you at the yard tday?

PERRY!! Doug and Hack sent out the TRT SAR squad for you. We’ve been missing you. Ll us more about your job.
Oh yeah, I’ve heard about the Texas State Fair. Deep fried everything.

We are getting caught up on rain here this week. Nothing huge going on today. I’ll check back later.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Hi Cath and Hack and others to come. Cath I am a Manufacturing Engineer at a medical device company. They are a start up based in Texas. I am the guy on the ground where another company is building the devices. Get to use all my skills again, and a little travel is part of the gig. I get over to our design group in PA just north of the WV line quite a bit too.

Going to get a Texas grade steak tonight, then back to Ohio early tomorrow to begin detox and eat healthy again.

• Haha
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good morning Hack, Perry, Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee,

Perry good to see you back.

Nothing really to do here, I drove all the way to my favorite fish store yesterday afternoon after checking their page to see if they were open. It said they were. Not true, sign on door said “we will be closed October 5th” it would have been nice it they updated the page also. It’s a long drive in heavy traffic. Not sure if I feel like making the trip again today.

Have a good day.

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Morning all rainy here, we have gotten enough that they have called off fire season so we can burn yard debris yay
Delivery day again
Perry good to see your face around the table again. Sounds like you keep busy

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Afternoon all,
Started prepping the “bird room” for paint. I now remember how I like this kinda work but also hate it.
Just wish I had the ability and gumpshun to work like I used to,, sigh. Been taking way too much self credit for stuff done that was a sliver of the old daze.

Straighten out the deal with the toll road pass/transponder. Emailed back n forth with someone there trying to undo the old account ( Found out it was with Blyth’s email addy and password, no wonder I could not log in)
Got as far as the emailing person could do and asked if I could called someone in the help center ( been there- tried that first, Covid related shortages equated to long hold time and no one taking my call )
Called the call center , someone picked up the FIRST ring , go figger. The nice lady took care of matters and edited vehicles and payment info.
Done and done. Now I can drive the truck up north Saturday with Sis to the bird show/sale.

Cooler but overcast gloomy and humid( spackle taking forever to dry) with a medium percentage for rain the rest of the week.

My jammed finger seems to getting better today, stills hurts and swollen but I’ll take any positive direction to it heading back to “ok”

Better check the spackle, so I can sand , then primer/paint and watch paint dry ( living the life, heheh)

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
47,293 Posts
Work is over, delivery was "interesting" but got through. Trying to get the new printer set up. jeez what happened to the days of plug it in, insert disk and rock and roll

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Enjoying a pile of Cheeseburgers if'n anyone's interested........couple screechers being watched for a bit though, so you may wish to reschedule.

Life is still in the groovy lane at work........but radar is definitely sweeping the horizon.

Any one here ever use 'liquid steel' products? Started using it frequently this year, and is amazing. One very important thing is to NOT GET IT ON YOUR HANDS......and let it dry. You'l become 'Iron Man'.
Anyway, a few moments prior to using it on an outdrive repair this morning, I peeled open a few knuckles on barnacles on said drive. Fast forward.........a last second panic maneuver as I was plugging a hole with this stuff, had to use my hands.....and they got covered. Used extra hardener, so was 'setting up' most riki tik.

Well no problem there, a good soaking in some acetone will get rid of it nicely......EXCEPT FOR.......if you have 5 knuckles oozing blood. Talk about manning up, and biting yer tongue........man that was a scream never heard.....I swallowed every decibel.

I'm better now! Better than a 'jammed finger' like Jeff has.
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
......Ohhhhh WAIT WAIT WAIT......duh......

HEY PERRY!!!!!!!! On the road again......hope sunshine and lollipops prevail for Ya Pal.
Exceedingly pleasurable hearing from you......hope you can make it to the Table often again.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good evening, all!

Perry - Ha! Eating that Texas-sized super high fat Texas State Fair food could take you more than a few days to get back to normal. Hope you don’t get a reminder of what you et.

Good morning Hack, Perry, Cath and all.

Thanks for the coffee,

Perry good to see you back.

Nothing really to do here, I drove all the way to my favorite fish store yesterday afternoon after checking their page to see if they were open. It said they were. Not true, sign on door said “we will be closed October 5th” it would have been nice it they updated the page also. It’s a long drive in heavy traffic. Not sure if I feel like making the trip again today.

Have a good day.
Naaaah driving back in such conditions would be miserable,for sure. Shame on that store.

Jeff - Yeah on getting such good service to straighten out the accounts so quickly. I’m so excited about your bird room in action again. Ummmm what will your doggies think?

I saw a funny YouTube video of an Australian King Parrot imitating the ring of an old push button land line phone. Hysterical!

Work is over, delivery was "interesting" but got through. Trying to get the new printer set up. jeez what happened to the days of plug it in, insert disk and rock and roll
Ugh! Long gone, I’m afraid. :(

Looking forward to hearing Hack report about the on-going stuff at the yard.

Grooviness is sure to be on duty tonight.

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
(Hit “post reply,” cath. My post was supposed to be entered abound 7:00 pm. 🤪

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YUP.....done THAT a time er 5! 😁
Hi Cath!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Evening all,

Talked myself out of starting to paint the bird room, with the rationale being I “needed” to take my mailed pension check to my credit union to deposit ( was direct deposit until I closed our joint account and opened a new one in just my name, and only send my old company’s pension dept. the new routing/account info when this , the third or so check showed up on da mail) before the day workers clogged the roadways with their vehicles. Was a legit reason/excuse since I hate being on the road with a bunch of folks. Got home and the hood protector/deflector showed up for the truck , so I HAD to install it duh( like a kid I had to “play” with new stuff. That and a few chores popped up so I decided tomorrow I’ll paint, heheh.

And not like having satellite short of the movie channels, Netflix and Prime video was not enuf “media” to watch around here, I ended up getting Disney+ this evening. Short story long. It started with a email from my phone carrier with promos to upgrade the phone part of things along with “free” Disney+ for 6 months ( then ya pay) after not getting the answers to questions I had about phone perks. I ended up going straight to Disney+ , and signed up there ( was actually cheaper than the phone co.perk, AND got Nat Geo, Discovery and more , through Dis+) And since I use about 20% of my “minutes” and data stuff each month, not like I was gonna benefit from upping anything on the phone end of things.( my rationalization here, play along , haha)

Hack, well versed in Plastic Steel and what not to do with it regarding skin,, scruffing up da knuckles for your bonus points on the OW factor.

Cath, a few old timer dawgs here were around when I had parrots here, no issues. We had a cockatiel a while back that was so friendly and a Doxie that was so , Umm, having not read the “what dogs chase/eat” handbook, so they would both be on the couch and the dog would nose the bird and the bird
playfully bopped it’s beak against her nose. Have to say it was the only pairing of the two species that we would allow. ( having another Doxie back when, somehow got in the bird room while I was at work and Blyth was coming home from midnites, and knocked down/over that same cockatiel’s cage and umm, devoured it ). That being said, with most of the dog pack currently not to be trusted or not 100% sure they can be trusted, dogs and bird(s) will not be free range together in the house. If/when a parrot etc . is out of its cage and in the living room with me, the pooches will be in their respective crates.

Is what it is, and my job to make sure all the critters here leave this earth from old age .

On to the evening , I wonder if there is anything on tv?,,,, yeah right.

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

• Love
Reactions: cath

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good evening all,

Jeff, any idea what kind of bird you like to get?

I had cheese ravioli tonight with a nice sauce, was delicious.

my package came in with the skimmer cup I ordered, it came with two cups and lids. I thought they messed up. It was me, somehow I ordered two.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts