The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
unfortunatly I won't be able to get in on it but don't let me stop any plans.

I agree the sooner the better.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do we do anything or prevent the people that never picked up their refractometers from getting in on the next power buy?

I am laying out money for this and even though I can resell them at a higher price, there is no gaurantee or time table when the money will be recouped....I would almost prefer prepayment....any thoughts? We had about 5-6 people that did not pick up the refractometers.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
MyReef said:
Do we do anything or prevent the people that never picked up their refractometers from getting in on the next power buy?
I would say yes. They need to complete the first power buy before they can participate in another. The whole deal hinges on being able to order a specific number of the units. We can't have future power buys if we can't rely on the people that commit to buying.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Rick. People who ordered on a power buy and did not pick up should not be able to go in on another power buy unless they make good on their previous commiment. Even if this means they find someone else to buy theirs.

As I mentioned before I have been so tied up I did not know of the refractometer power buy. if you have some at the power buy price I would love to help you get rid of one... :rolleyes:

Sam

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I agree with Rick and Sam, folks need to have taken care of your previous commitment before making another one! Just one note on this: If someone else creates a powerbuy, who'll let these future Sellers know of these folks?

Andy, I also agree with the others to go for it ASAYC (as soon as you can)!

Bob

·
Registered
921 Posts
power buys

I like the idea of the club getting deep discounts on merchandise. I am also concerned that with Andy opening up to retail it could call into question the "Section 2: Under no circumstance may any part of the income of this Club be used to the benefit of any Officer, Trustee, or Member." Although Andy is the only one taking the initiative to set up this type of deal, I think it might be prudent in the near future to make sure all our sponsors are aware of this support for the club. Even though the low profit may hardly be worth the hassle, there is a recognition that the firm providing the powerbuy is a good place to return for future products.

I would not offer or accept any reservations from the people who stiffed the club/Andy unless they paid in full in advance. To eliminate them from anything in perpetuity seems a bit harsh.

We still have not provided the 2x yearly mailings promised in return for the 10% discount. With Rob just finishing the website mailing lists, we could do it now. I would prefer all sponsors were aware and even participated in future powerbuys.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All sponsors are aware of the power buy. To my knowledge it states in the package for sponsors....I may be wrong though...maybe Charles can chime in.

If you feel it is not in the best interest for me to go forward on a PB, then I won't. It is hardly worth the effort....especially for the refractometers. I didn't make much off them and to try to get people to pay is not fun.

The only thing I question in Williams post is that I am not retail open to the public. Even when I start selling dry goods as part of my regular business, we won't be open to the public...we will sell only through the internet and by appt only. Maybe sometime next year we will open to the public one day per week.

It matters not to me whether we go forward or not, I have a monitor already. :D

I do agree we need to get on with the mailings....I have some things I want to put out there as well.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Andy, please yes & thank you

I Like powerbuys! The point I meant to make is to have a level opportunity for all our sponsors. If it is in the retail pack Charles is giving out, I will not have seen it. Perhaps the website is open to storing a copy of that.

By all means, proceed with helping out the club. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet Rick....but we (Billy and I) are working on a CA monitor....stay tuned...probably October-December.....

The CA monitors that are on the market now are not reliable and they are about $200 each...or more.

To my knowledge, there are no ALK monitors at all.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts