The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
EW!!! I've seen some small itty bitty ones in my tank, thank goodness nothing that gross so far *fingers crossed*.

After seeing a bristleworm in my tank one night I had nightmares about there being these large worms crawling all around my tank, weaving and out of the rockwork. It was gross!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ive got a big one that has shown itself twice in my tank. i have set traps and spent time looking for it at night with no luck. the other night I went to get something to drink and noticed a white baby bristle worm swimming freely in the tank.

·
Registered
709 Posts
never knew they would grow like that. Mine was 24" stretched b4 I grabbed him out with that grabber tool. His bristles went right in to the rubber coating on the end of the tool. He would of got me good. was like pulling a snake out of the tank

·
Registered
709 Posts
I know! Got to admit she had the hair on the back of my neck standing when I first saw her and caught her. It was probobly MOM. I have never seen anything bigger than a 1/2" since

·
Registered
384 Posts
never knew they would grow like that. Mine was 24" stretched b4 I grabbed him out with that grabber tool. His bristles went right in to the rubber coating on the end of the tool. He would of got me good. was like pulling a snake out of the tank
That is pretty amazing. My wife hates to look at some of the ones we have, and they are like and inch or two long.

I have not seen any BW in our main tank, a 120. Did not start with LR. Our 29 cube was started with LR and there are many worms in that tank.

·
Registered
124 Posts
is that a fireworm? i have recently setup my first sw tank and have seen a bristleworm in one one of my rocks that looked similar to that and am worried that its a bearded fireworm. Noway near that big though, thank god

1 - 20 of 25 Posts