The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my naked 75gl reef tank
the tank design sports a bare-bottom/ topless approach to reefkeeping. the liverock is not specific to any single part of the ocean, but is a mix of figi, marshall, tonga and gulf liverock. the liverock is set on support structure of black eggcrate, with a spray bar on the bottom to help keep fish food suspended in the water column. filteration is provided by a custom acrylic dual downdraft etss style skimmer, and large acrylic sump. lighting is provided by a dual 250watt metal halide with 10k bulbs and dual 55watt power compacts with actinic tubes from psl. the lights are keep in place 8" over the water by 2 custom welded brackets, painted to match the bottom of the tank.
the reef houses a small variety of sps, lps, soft corals and zoa's, along with a few fish and shrimp too!

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mnreefman!
this was a nice shot of my featherduster and surrounding corals, so i figured i would post it:)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now that you have CC what happened to your spray bar? I have a similar setup with the spray bar that the return pump uses. The holes are cut in the spray bar so that the water flows underneath the rock and up through it.

It would look better with substrate but I'm worried about the flow.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the spray bar is still working, the bar itself was drilled all the way around. the only cc in the tank is what you see, just in the front, and around the sides. the aquascape is still supported with eggcrate.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi johnny....
thanks for checking out my tank specs! the light brackets were welded by a local machine shop, they are made from 1"x2" metal square tubing. i had to finish the work by grinding smooth the welds and painting it. the brackets are attached to an add-on wood stand behind the tank. this stand also supports the refugium. the add-on stand is about 38" tall, 10"wide, and 48" in length. underneath the add-on stand, houses the co2 tank and etss skimmer. i have pictures of the brackets and add-on stand somewhere here on the forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.