The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 346 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I have had quite a few fellow TRT members to PM me lately on Fragging Technique. I think it would be nice to have a thread as reference to those with interest.

So I have promised to get some videos together of what I do, I have been cutting up Coral for allot of years. Plan on starting with the simple stuff, mushrooms, softies, polyps and so on. Then gradually work our way up to some LPS, then going for SPS. I have all of them and frag regularly so again just want to share my techniques with the community.

Any one can feel free to contribute there knowledge on the topic. I think it would be great to have others contribute.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
nice! ill be following i have a duncan that needs to be fragged badly

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
nope ive had this one for about 4 months now got it with about 3-4 heads on it it now has 7 big ones with about another3-4 small ones coming in

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I have a request to shoot a vid.:D It will be how to detach a Toad stool from Base rock. I will get that up in the next few days, maybe this weekend.

By all means if any one has something they would like to see fragged, if I have it I would be glad to do so and document it on film.:)

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
nice! ill be following i have a duncan that needs to be fragged badly
Same here.......~20 poylups on a tiny rock.
Have you ever done a Duncan?
No, but I stayed @ a Holiday Inn Express last night........:agree:

I've successfully done mushrooms like your first post/vid here....but failed when cutting the bottom trunks of toadstools then glung to plugs.

Count me in here.

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I dont have any Frogspawn atm. But I will put it on the list. I can do a Blastomusa Merletti, they have pretty similar growth pattern as the Frogspawn and are done the same way.

1 - 20 of 346 Posts