The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how many people have cats and dogs; however we have two cats and one (correction) the best black lab anyway my loving wife decided that we need to spend 50.00 :doh: on a furminator. Let me be the first person to jump up and down yell and scream about how great this device is we have removed soooo much acat and dog hair from the animals i dont think they will ever shed again.

If you have a hairy animals this decive is a must. :banana:

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
What the heck is one of those contraptions?

·
Super Moderator
27,090 Posts
Sheer those critters and make wool out of the stuff :funny: :idea:

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
cath said:
Sheer those critters and make wool out of the stuff :funny: :idea:
I found an abandoned birds nest in a shrub not long ago and it was made up of mostly......dog hair.:) Hope the babies don't try to snuggly up to Max thinking he's their Mother.

I could definately use the Furminater. We shaved Casey and Max but they look funny with short hair.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a black lab (our 80 lb little girl) with two cats (devlish things) we just purchased our furminator and are very thankful well worth the money (our opinion of course).

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Umm...are we on a snipe hunt here?

That much fur from one dog seems like a lot. Does that thing really work? My dog spent the winter at temps to 40 below and it is 80 now and I gotta shave her or thin out her hair.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the fur that comes off the lab is crazy I would of thought the dog was going to be bald when we were done.

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
I saw this thing at Petsmart just today... just needed a rake and a slicker as our dear GSD is blowing coat big time. (And the BC won't hold still enough so I can get her massive fluffy undercoat straightened out - and she just about destroyed the handle of my pin brush.) Thus, I didn't go for it, but I am curious, Florida summers, dog hair and all.

So it really does work? And how do you use it? The package wasn't all that helpful.

·
11,345 Posts
Ive got 2 long haired cats and she has been asking me to go down for the yearly early summer shaving. It costs $90. No scissors or trimmers(we even bought special ones) will go through my cats hair in a reasonable amount of time.

Does this thing really work?? Confirm that for me and Im ordering.

thanks
-bill

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Hmm...I say we all chip in, buy one... then trade it amongst ourselves. :)

I do hate all the excess cat hair. But I wouldn't give up my pets for anything.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Petsmart carries them. My wife knows one of the groomers at Petsmart and is going to ask her about it. If she gives it a thumbs up we'll get one and I'll submit a product report. They're a little pricey.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I must say that so far we are very please with our furminator. My wife has combed out the dog and cats. I was petting one of the cats this morning and I usually come up with a hand full of loose hair. I was very pleased to see there was no hair in my hand.

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
That's one of the nice things about my dog (weimaraner) is his short hair, the shedding is barely noticable. Although I've noticed the little silver hairs like to cling to black pants. :doh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts