The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The coffee is on The donuts are our, with some fresh strawberries. at 0630 I will be on my way for round two of putting 2-t's in the water. The forecast is sunny with a chance of showers ( as usual for this time of year) seas are two feet or less, and high tide is at 0650. ( finally the stars have aligned)

On a side note we were at impass with the city and it issues went in front of the commission last night and well the did nothing great to resolve things. we received a 3% salary increase, and they took our 8% guarantee post drop (which means that after we finish our drop we can no longer have the option of an 8% guarantee by leaving our money in the drop account it either has to be removed or we can leave the money in the account but it is exposed to the variables of the market.) not to bad for what they could of imposed. one could say it was fair and equitable for both parties.

I hope everyone has a great day I will post pics provided there is something to take a picture of.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Good morning Fred and TRT faithful

Good breakfast choice!!

Hope your confab with the citry turns out favorable.

2' seas....that used to make me sick when I'd go fishing for Blues off the coast of Maine. Then last year we took the 'Cat' from Bar Harbor to Nova Scotia 9' seas.
Argggg...I'll never be a seaman. :^))

Enjoy the day all.

Dave

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good morning Fred, Dave, Vinnie and all the rest!
Good luck with the fishing trip Fred. Catch a mess!
Dave, having been motion sick a few times (sea and air, not great when you are a Naval Flight Officer). I.m not sure who said it but "First being seasick makes you afraid you are going to die, later you are afraid you won't".
Hope you have a quick end to the week Vinnie. Always hard to come back after a break.
Off to the FD today. Almost forgot about a routine Doc appt yesterday. My palm pilot died and I am lost with out it. The sum of the appt: everything's, fine see you next year.
Hope y'all have a quick Friday and a great weekend!
Ray

·
Super Moderator
27,091 Posts
Good mawnin', Fred, Dave, Vinnie, Ray, and all of TRT!

Fred- Glad to hear that everything is working out for your fishing trip. There should be lots of photo chances out there. Glad to hear about the raise and the retirement issues.

Dave- so what that you'll never be a seaman. We need the likes of you to keep the land!

Vinnie - How's your work going these days?

Ray - Eeek to be without your palm pilot. When do you get another? Good to hear that you are A OK.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Do they ever! :icon_rock::yumyum: The places we found and stick with when we get corn, have a bi-color that'll knock yer socks off!

Even no salt/butter for me, it's that good!:D
The bag is even still steamin' cuz it was just picked :banana:
Jeff- I'll take some of that corn.

Where is George???

Hi, HHC!

Back at my own home again after having been a house/cat sitter since May.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Super Moderator
27,091 Posts
Bobbi is on vacation in Charleston for a few days. Yesterday she walked across the Cooper River Bridge. See this cool photo of the old bridge and the new one. I tell you that driving across the old one (not to mention on the CRB Run) was an experience!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Fred, Dave, Vince, Ray, Cath, & Everyone! :)

Nuther hot one today but possible showers and t-storms later.

Good luck on the fishing trip today, Fred. Hope serendipity smiles on you and you bring back a boatload. Take your camera? Sounds like you came out ok with the city. It's tough for Those Who Serve in this economy. I used to represent the PBA in another life so I understand.

2' seas....that used to make me sick when I'd go fishing for Blues off the coast of Maine. Then last year we took the 'Cat' from Bar Harbor to Nova Scotia 9' seas.
Argggg...I'll never be a seaman. :^))
Dave, having been motion sick a few times (sea and air, not great when you are a Naval Flight Officer). I.m not sure who said it but "First being seasick makes you afraid you are going to die, later you are afraid you won't".

Almost forgot about a routine Doc appt yesterday. My palm pilot died and I am lost with out it. The sum of the appt: everything's, fine see you next year.
I'll never make fun of anyone who gets seasick. I've been on many an ocean boat trip when I was almost the Last Man Standing. Once crossing the Gulf Stream on a 46' sport fisherman with my family in a gale with waves crashing over the front deck, my poor mom was miserably sick. Another time, six of us on a 44' sailboat on an overnight sail to Key West, with 6~9' seas, 4 of our crew went down with Mal de Mer almost immediately which left only two of us to 'drive' all night long.

I tried one of those Palm Pilots and thought it was great 'til it crashed. I went back to a paper pocket calendar and it never crashes. ;)

Fine looking bridge, Cath. I want to get to Charleston sometime. Never been there.

Vince, breaking in newbies is a challenge. Train them well.

Speaking of boat trips, this weekend is my high school reunion for the whole school, not just our class. The school has been closed for over 25 years so there are no spring chickens amongst us but it's still a wild crowd. We're booked on The Star Of Knoxville river boat for a dinner cruise tonight. Don't know if anyone will get seasick but some might succumb to bar-sickness. :D

These were the remnants of the Class of '59 (only 50 in my sr. class.) at the last one. (It was an all male military school). The guy in the tan coat on the first row now owns the big hotel where the reunion is headquartered.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Morning All!Thanks for the coffee and donuts Fred! and have fun fishing!Dave I get sea sick when it's calm and you look at the horizon and just see it move ever so slightly!I've been out with huge waves and I'm the only one standing and walking around not having to hold on to anything>Once whet out on a party boat ,cast once and caught a fish and then was in the bathroom the rest of the trip,but the good news was it was the biggest fish and I was in the pool,so the trip was free(but I would of rather pay twice the amount to not be sick)!Well cath I was suppose to go cruising all over on the bike with my new Licn.(so thats not happening.Then we were going to go down to the shore at my sis's house and last night the AC has another leak!I'm so tired of this!Sometimes it's better to pay top dollars for things!Have A Great Day All!

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Oh Dick I thought that was Dan Goodman on the other end from you!Have A great time(I've done a river boat dinner a couple times!)

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Morning, George! :)

Oh Dick I thought that was Dan Goodman on the other end from you!Have A great time(I've done a river boat dinner a couple times!)
That's Leon, from New Orleans, who was a fireplug guard on the football team. Fun guy.

Time for work before play...........

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Morning all :wavey:
For some reason it feels like Saturday today:arg:. Dunno why since i was never a Mon/Fri (with weekends off )kinda guy for the last 30+ yrs so i dunno why that is making a difference today :doh: . And being on my surgery sabbatical from work is not helping getting into a Mon/Fri 9 to 5 mindset either. Whatever,,,:goldfish:

Dunno the weather we are gonna be in for , tho i did recall a weather person or two saying the weekend was gonna be great. As of this morning i woulda swore we'd be in for some rainy/stormy weather based on the bod feeling like it does. Who knows mebbe it's feeling cruddy and out of sorts cuz it's going toward the nice weather on the scale.

Just coffee so far this morning , dunno what my belly wants, if anything this morning. I just know i should have something in my gut other than the coffee and my morning meds .

Not sure on today's to-do list, the skeeters will have to take a siesta b4 i do anything outdoors today. Got bit up from just letting the house dawgs up a few hrs ago.:peeved:

Well, hope everyone has a great day today! :wavey:

·
Administrator
46,893 Posts
Morning Gang, sounds like a busy friday. It's hot here again. Got some wicked cloud build up over by work last night, some lightning but not a lot. I am hoping they don't make us work sat, but we could use the opportunity to catch up. It seems everyone but us is working overtime

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Afternoon, Jeff & Doug! :)

Jeff, when Friday starts feeling like Saturday, you know you're in the R&R groove. ;)

Doug, can't say I wish you didn't have to work tomorrow if you want the OT but you need some R&R, too.

Wouldn't you know it, the A/C guy came and was well into working on the unit when a thunderstorm popped up with some rain behind it. We need the rain badly but I didn't want it right now. He still might be able to finish the job today but the radar map doesn't look real good right now. :angry:

Hope it clears through in time for the riverboat cruise tonight at 7.

We'll see.........

·
Administrator
46,893 Posts
Well since mon was a paid holiday it wouldn't be time and a half sat, but extra money would be good. I need to save a little, we are trying to get the annual guys trip happening again this year

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Afternoon all.

Can't wait until beer thirty (three more hours). :beer:

Cynthia got served this morning. The case concerns a particulary sweet golden retriever that had a couple of legs broken at age six weeks along with six ribs by an idiot. The gentleman was offered a plea and and turned it down. The duputy that served process offered his best wishes for a decent outcome to the case.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Hang um!
well more with the AC!OK found the leak ,filled it went to DD and came back(15 min topps) and compressor wouldn't rekick in.went and gor a hard start kit for the capacitor and it's working again!I hope this is it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts