The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
To many tanks to describe
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is literally build as a freshwater tank with 5 glass plates and nothing else.

Dimensions: 116x40x44cm

Technique: powerfilter 1200l/h, self build surface skimmer, SLW20 flowpump, 4x 27 watt JMB ledstrips (prototypes), 6 channel dosingpump of which 5 channels are used for EZbuffer, EZ2Go, NO3+, PO4+, Osmosis water.

Sustainable reefing couldn't be any simpler.
... at least for me (yet).
Is it the reefer, the products, the equipment, the endurance, patience or is it just the perfect joining of knowledge and dumb luck. Who cares... the results are there to enjoy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did a swap
3in and 3 out
1x Sixline wrasse and 2x squamipinnis out, because they acted like dickheads towards the 3 flavoguttatus
Now the flavoguttus are swimming around freely.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful Glenn. How long has that tank been running? Amazing display.
This tank was started in april 2015
It has been the development tank for 2 of my dosing system since then

Thanks m8!
If have facebook you can lookup these hastags
#burobak #EZ2Goreef.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When the alk dosage stops and the kh drops, the calcium is no longer used. So Calcium was increased to 680ppm. The corals didn't budge

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Normally i am not a fan of blue lights, but during the last hour of the day it does look magnificent.

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
I鈥檓 also not a fan of blue lights. I still run MH with T5 actinic bulbs. And the MH are Hamilton 10k which look great to me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I鈥檓 also not a fan of blue lights. I still run MH with T5 actinic bulbs. And the MH are Hamilton 10k which look great to me.
I started reefing in 2004 and never got to that point to use MH lighthing. I considerd it to much energy consuming so i went the T5 way.
I however saw very nice SPS tanks with the MH/T5 Conjuction.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts