The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....NO, NOT Tuesday, turn back....
HAPPY WEDNESDAY Y'ALL!

Coffee is up, and there's a craving for Buttermilk waffles drowned in 'Hack amount' of melted butter and syrup......SOOOOOO what the hey......let's do this.....it's early enough.

25 heading all the way up to brrrrr for a high.....what do I want to do when I grow up? Getting a pretty dern firm idea WHAT NOT!

Christmas Eve, Easter eve, and Thanksgiving eve.......are pretty much the busiest nights of the year for us round here.....well except for all night shindigs of course.
All the 'prepping' and planning, and making sure EVERYTHING is just right, and nothings forgotten. So thankful for having tomorrow off of course, but relaxing this evening.....NOT so much....BUT HAVING FUN, ABSOLUTELY!

Peace to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A quick 'having computer issues'...,.,SORRY! So please keep watching the fort for us...,Nice job Vinnie! Guess you also did the APPROVAL QUEUE this morning? THANK YOU!
I'll get on when I can,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A groovy good evening to All!

My beloved ACER chrome book is on it's death bed, and an APPLE something or another Squirt gave me last year for just such an occasion is,,,,:rolleyes:......STUPID! I, as of yet, can't go to a 3rd party without it telling me I can't because bad juju awaits. So I couldn't get anywhere this morning Vinnie with THAT approval......couldn't check the IP/shared IP.
I usually try to get all the 'laundry done before Y'All get on in the morning.

Potato Salad is done, and juices simmering for the stuffing,m which is next up.
So on a wee break, and see if'n I can't catch up on here.

Peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is everybody got on the menu for tomorrow? It varies widely from what I understand.
Hey Rick! As Cath said, Thanksgiving Day celebrations vary across our country, but here in the Northeast closer to where the skipper of the Mayflower crashed into Plymouth Rock stranding the tourists here.........we'z pretty Norman Rockwell. I am blessed and give THANKS my Family will be gathered round our table tomorrow.....Jen, Nate and I, as well as Squirt(Samantha, our Daughter) and Husband Sam(How's that for saving money monograming towels?), as well as a couple of our 'adopted 4-pawlers' will also be joining us.

Traditionally roasted turkey, a 19lb'er.....stuffing, cooked in the bird....Potato Salad.....Turnips....mashed potatoes.....green bean caesural.....yams......Turkey gravy of course.....dinner rolls......pickles and olives.....Pumpkin and Dutch Apple pies.....and traditionally folks show up wearing their, uh,,,,,'heavy set Uncle Fred's trousers' so there's room to stuff yourself.;)

THANKS GIVING is of the heart.....NOT the country!:cool: So Everyone is welcome!
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stuffing is made, and in the fridge till the morning when I'll stuff the bird, and get er cooking by probably 9am.

Feet are now up, and butt is painted.....LONG DAY! Was still cold, and a stiff breeze. Heading back to the boatyard Friday UNLESS I get a call......rain and gale force winds.....NOTHING on the books, so uhhhhh, yeah....a call wouldn't be overly stupid to STAY HOME!

So ready for winter break this year......it's starting to wear on my boyish charm.

All this talk of Deviled Eggs today.......a fan of them my whole life. Once again since Jen entered it has taught me something new and GREAT......When Y'All are making it, try throwing some horseradish in there......OHHhhhhhhYEAHHhhhhhh!

Just realized the clock I was using to 'time' the pies has stopped.....Ooooooops.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You laugh.....I haven't a clue as to the time. Smells like a Pumpkin pie.....can't smell the Apple yet.Ohhhhh man.....now I got to get up out of this here comfy recliner and go take a look'C.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
SORRY Perry.......rough day! HI, and welcome back to the fold......HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Speaking of, where's Jeff?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Evening all, safe at our hotel, went and got Chinese takeout, they cook it different up north but it will fill belly there is always tomorrows feast.
Doug, We hit a 'Chinese' buffet in Alabama once......ONLY ONCE! Everything had the 'same taste'. Couldn't ID it, but we all knew we somehow knew what THAT taste was....but couldn't put our fingers on it.....BUT it sure wasn't food.
Never seen anyone botch Chinese food.....make it bad, yes, but un identifiable, nope.
Hack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts