The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....NO, NOT Tuesday, turn back....
HAPPY WEDNESDAY Y'ALL!

Coffee is up, and there's a craving for Buttermilk waffles drowned in 'Hack amount' of melted butter and syrup......SOOOOOO what the hey......let's do this.....it's early enough.

25 heading all the way up to brrrrr for a high.....what do I want to do when I grow up? Getting a pretty dern firm idea WHAT NOT!

Christmas Eve, Easter eve, and Thanksgiving eve.......are pretty much the busiest nights of the year for us round here.....well except for all night shindigs of course.
All the 'prepping' and planning, and making sure EVERYTHING is just right, and nothings forgotten. So thankful for having tomorrow off of course, but relaxing this evening.....NOT so much....BUT HAVING FUN, ABSOLUTELY!

Peace to All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,383 Posts
Morning Hack and others to follow.

Looking forward to a nice few days to work on the basement. Leigh's daughter is home from college so I will meet her as well.

Nice light day at work ahead. Have a nice day everyone. I will get out basement pictures and photos of Frankie the black lab puppy this weekend.

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Mornin Hack & Perry. Someone please make me a double double. For the life of me I can't get it right this morning. Been making it the same way for 40 years & the first cup was WAY too sweet and the second needed more sugar. A little help would be appreciated.

I'm excited for you guys in preparation for your big day tomorrow. Hope all have a great time with family & friends.

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and buttermilk waffles, Hack. Hope you get to leave early so you can warm up and get your cooking and baking started, not to mention other fun stuff!

Perry - Good to hear from you. Sounds like fun goings on at your place too. Oh yeah, post photos of your project progress!

Rick - Oh no! Sorry to hear about coffee problem. Wish I could help, but is don’t add sugar to my coffee.
You can have a family gathering, too. Just don’t call it Thanksgiving. ;)

28 outside and the heater decided to start blowing cold air. Hooe maintenance can come soon! Until he arrives, please send some heat,🥶

lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Good morning Hack, Rick, Perry, Cathy and all,

Waffle sound good ,

I just put on a pot of coffee with chicory for the added kick today,

hoping the corals show up today, they found the package and it’s in Louisiana now, no other update.

I’m really looking forward to thanksgiving meal. Haven’t enjoyed the food for the past two years. I will be able to partake this year. Can’t wait to get some deviled eggs and ham.
Have a great day

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Mornin Cath. Oh no, let's be clear - I am active on six or more forums daily and an admin on three of those. In most cases I am a lonely maple leaf floating in a sea of red white and blue. I am more than happy to celebrate your holidays and typically do. Your Thanksgiving is the way I would like our Thanksgiving to be - you guys know what's up.

Vinnie, good morning. +1 on the deviled eggs!

What is everybody got on the menu for tomorrow? It varies widely from what I understand.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I am really wondering what’s happened over the years to common sense and good customer service and ethics,
I am waiting on an overnight package that should have arrived yesterday at 10.30 1 the the latest. It a day later from being lost. 2:30 here now and has been riding around on a truck since early this morning . Common sense would be get it delivered as fast as possible. Not Fedx,
But it’s not just Fedx it’s all industries and companies nowadays. Rant is over

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good afternoon, everyone!

Vinnie - Good job merging the two threads. 👍
Really sorry that your overnight of fragile living things is so late! That makes my heart sick. 😢

Doug - Have a good Thanksgiving with your lady friend.

Rick - Thanks for your kind words about the way we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the US. It’s somewhat regional how people celebrate.

The one thing that’s constant with me is that I’m vegetarian and so I fix something veggie each year. And I rarely do the same thing year after year. One year I made a portobello mushroom Wellington that was outstanding I must say. I might try to find a photo of that. This year I’m going to make stuffed acorn
squash that has lentils, onions, shallots ( I don’t like garlic and shallots will add a different dimension). Also on the plate will be black
rice topped with roasted root vegetables, and chard. Dessert will be baked apples with ice cream. Utterly a-typical Thanksgiving fare.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Cath, I was a big meat eater, not anymore.. I still eat it but very little, I buy more vegetables now and it’s probably 90% of my diet, but that’s mainly because I got sick and couldn’t eat, now I find it much easier to skip meat.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A quick 'having computer issues'...,.,SORRY! So please keep watching the fort for us...,Nice job Vinnie! Guess you also did the APPROVAL QUEUE this morning? THANK YOU!
I'll get on when I can,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
The corals showed up at 5:30 pm, about 30 late. It’s hard to tell if the blue ridge made it, without polyp extension it could just be Skelton, and a pink pocillopora and three sea fans I think are going to be fine

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A groovy good evening to All!

My beloved ACER chrome book is on it's death bed, and an APPLE something or another Squirt gave me last year for just such an occasion is,,,,:rolleyes:......STUPID! I, as of yet, can't go to a 3rd party without it telling me I can't because bad juju awaits. So I couldn't get anywhere this morning Vinnie with THAT approval......couldn't check the IP/shared IP.
I usually try to get all the 'laundry done before Y'All get on in the morning.

Potato Salad is done, and juices simmering for the stuffing,m which is next up.
So on a wee break, and see if'n I can't catch up on here.

Peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is everybody got on the menu for tomorrow? It varies widely from what I understand.
Hey Rick! As Cath said, Thanksgiving Day celebrations vary across our country, but here in the Northeast closer to where the skipper of the Mayflower crashed into Plymouth Rock stranding the tourists here.........we'z pretty Norman Rockwell. I am blessed and give THANKS my Family will be gathered round our table tomorrow.....Jen, Nate and I, as well as Squirt(Samantha, our Daughter) and Husband Sam(How's that for saving money monograming towels?), as well as a couple of our 'adopted 4-pawlers' will also be joining us.

Traditionally roasted turkey, a 19lb'er.....stuffing, cooked in the bird....Potato Salad.....Turnips....mashed potatoes.....green bean caesural.....yams......Turkey gravy of course.....dinner rolls......pickles and olives.....Pumpkin and Dutch Apple pies.....and traditionally folks show up wearing their, uh,,,,,'heavy set Uncle Fred's trousers' so there's room to stuff yourself.;)

THANKS GIVING is of the heart.....NOT the country!:cool: So Everyone is welcome!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
We are pretty traditional, the whole family Jacob, Gabi my grand children, Shelby, Kristine and myself. But not at our house. If anyone else pops in that fine. Gabi’s family will be different places.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts