The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for those who have not yet read, and seen the pictures, about My Fly Guy Acrylic Rock Lifts Adventure here is a link to that thread: http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/my-fly-guy-acrylic-rock-lifts-adventure-116524.html

All of the tear down and rebuild work was done yesterday in about a 6 hour period. Here are some pictures I took this evening.

Here is my Mandarin Goby cruising around underneath the rocks:

The Kracken does not seem to be very happy yet. He still looks fine, tight mouth and all, but has not fully expanded today. He is probably getting used to the new, higher, position in the tank.

Here is a picture of my Lettuce Nudibranch that is hiding from the bright lights as well:

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Looks great! I plan on doing this when I move. Don't want to tear the tank down twice.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Looks great! things look to be pretty happy... and i bet your algae issues will start to get a lil easier to battle now

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! things look to be pretty happy... and i bet your algae issues will start to get a lil easier to battle now
Thanks Tony and that is exactly what I am looking for. I am really wanting to see if stuff starts being purged from the rocks and ends up on the sand bed now that they are lifted out of the sand.

It looks very, very, clean right now, almost like you could put your hand right through the glass. It hasn't looked like that since the air conditioner died. :)

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks great hope the kraken gets used to his spot
Thanks Chris! It is kind of funny because where he was before his foot was actually seated all the way around that rock and hes stretched out about 6 inches to be near the front of the tank. I thought I was doing him a favor by filling the rock over so he didn't have to stretch for light like that, but if he doesn't expand soon I can always flip that rock again and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More Pictures

Here is a shot of my Lawn Mower Blenny:

Here is one of my Blue Legged Hermit Crabs:

Here is a shot of an Orange Montipora Capricornis that I got as a frag:

Here is a shot of some palythoas I am thinking about taking to the TRT Picnic to trade with other people:

And these:

If anyone is interested in either palythoa just let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts