The Reef Tank banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else keeping track of the CDT discussion goin on in the thread I started on reefs. org? It's gotten quite heated...had no idea my thread would spark such debate...but definitely good to see increased dialogue...even if some of it is not productive. Do our local players in the trade have any thoughts?

Link

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, it got so hot it was locked. Some pretty wild accusations too. I'd say the net-caught debate is far from resolved.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
We had a discussion here about cyanide and I pulled some studies off the net that concluded there was about 95% cyanide from a specific area but, mostly fish are net caught. I think, with everything that could be concidered, they were at around 10 percent. The real discussion should be about how many fish (net cought or juiced) make it to an aquarium alive then how many of those fish live long healthy lives once there.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that's constructive Joel...please find a better way to flash that big-ol' store logo. Try to avoid the low road, and i will do the same. How about instead of a petty jab, you contribute some informed input on the subject?

If you were familiar with that industry forum over the past 6 years...you'd know they've never needed any help to rouse heated debate. Your post is obviously(imo)just a personal jab accompanied by a free advertisement for your store.

All I did was pose a question about the % of fish currently juiced because I wondered if my impressions were off. Please avoid petty flaming, and stick to a constructive line of dialogue if you would. Thanks.

Three90s had a great point: "The real discussion should be about how many fish (net cought or juiced) make it to an aquarium alive then how many of those fish live long healthy lives once there." I'm embarassed that I didn;t think of that..lol. We should maybe start documenting online what fish we buy, and how long they survive, ino rder to get a better idea of that percentage.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I suggest we keep this thread civil I dont particularly care for it anyway.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
liquidfunk said:
oh how you inspire the heated debate. I cant imagine why it got so hot.
It's hot, because CDT is a hot topic....all I posted was: "anyone know an estimate of the percentage of fish in the trade that are juiced as it stands now? I was under the impression is was a majority...started a discussion on another board about it and for argument's sake said 50/50...but someone came back saying only about 5% are juiced? that would be great! but need to hear it from somewhere else....eager to be wrong on this one..lol."

How was this in any way poor form on my part?

AHBrit, twitterbait - do you guys have any informed input on the CDT subject? Those posts serve little purpose, other than to fan Joel's flames...and so you -in fact -appear to be the instigators in this case....strong irony, imo. Please keep it constructive. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.