The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be giving a large carpet anemone to Ichau221 today.
I got it from Dean who gave it to me as a thank you for giving him a LMB that JJdiver gave me when he shut down his tank. It was the same LMB I got for him as part of a trade about 2 years ago.
Top it off, the anemone is on a pc of LR I got from Stella.
Its like a six degrees to Kevin Bacon thing.:D

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
This is the beauty of a club, lets get more members now so we can start doing frag swaps and such more often.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm still getting my everyday stuff organized and trying to schedule out real estate class and stuff like that. I'm shooting for after the new year begins, hopefully right after we return from our annual dive trip to Cozumel in January.

I'll probably stick with the 55 gal. as the main tank, or something with the same footprint to work with the cabinet I have. We'll see.

John

·
Registered
167 Posts
jjw,How are the real estate classes going? That's something that I've been thinking about...been trying to talk to people to get input.

Glad to hear you're thinking about another tank.

-Jason

·
Registered
309 Posts
Chump said:
John,

I want to learn to dive. Where do I start?

Aaron
Aaron,
The first thing to do is go to a local dive store (MDC Sports in Rochester). There you will need to sign up for the classes. Its a 2 part certification course, and once completed you are certified as a PADI Open Water Diver. It doesnt expire...you just forget how to do it if its been a while. The 1st part of the course begins with home study (anywhere from 5-10 hours worth) BEFORE the classroom stuff. Then the 2-day class & pool session. Once that is compleed and you have passed, you schedule your "Open Water training dives". A total of 4 dives conducted locally at a lake, or while you are on vacation. I choose the vacation...it got me out of here and into warm water.

Should cost anywhere from 4-6 hundred, depending on your choices. Go to the dive store, tey will get you all of the information you need. or www.mdcsports.com You will still need to sign up ion personas there is a load of paperwork with that.

PM me if you need any more info....I'd be glad to help.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts