The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I picked up the 220 last night, and a canopy from Spazz tonight. I plan on showing some of the progress as we go, but just to show you what we are starting with, here you go.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far here is what we have. A sequence barracuda pump as the return, courtesy of superman (along with the tank), a fully operational closed look system (also superman), a mrc calcium reactor (courtesy max seely). I would also like to thank spazz for the awsome canopy and a digital light controller box that is awsome. We have 2 400w halides and plan on adding a 3rd. 2 icecap 660's for running 4 vho's for supplimental lighting. Working on a deal for a custom made skimmer (thanks again to spazz). Will try to update as we get closer to that day sometime in the foreseeable future when we start working on the plumbing and such. We are looking for an old scratched up 125 to use as a sump, so if anyone has one please let me know.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
i think energy has a couple of 125's he is looking to sell. they might be 150 not real sure. but there drilled. some are drilled for sumps and others are drilled for tanks. send him a pm and ask him what he has. you got that hood on there fast. looks great.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Looks good so far, great to see Supermans tank has a home!

OK, I want to take an informal poll: How many people have at least one of those lamps from the pic above in their home? I know I have owned at least three of them! :D

·
TCMAS Member
3,023 Posts
You're right on track Mary. Dustin was explaining your plans and they sound good. Can't wait to see updates.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
the_colonel said:
OK, I want to take an informal poll: How many people have at least one of those lamps from the pic above in their home? I know I have owned at least three of them! :D
i have never owned one. :banana:

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
2 here. Mary everything looks awesome and I can not wait to see it. Steve

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I know I say this everytime but........

Be sure you house can handle the increased humidity that comes with the bigger tank and 400W lighting. Our house couldn't handle the 325g tank with 5X400Wers at about 6-8 gallons of evaporation per day and had to take it down 2 years later.....and every window needs refinishing now.

·
Registered
894 Posts
mtfatwork said:
We are looking for an old scratched up 125 to use as a sump, so if anyone has one please let me know.

:idea: I think I know someone with a 125...... :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
D & M....I'm luvin that setup!!!!! It's gonna look great!

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
A 125 for a sump? Will it fit under that guy?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I can't remember where i read it but on the humidity thing, if you get a few GOOD dehumidifyers that'll help! i read about one guy doing that and he had like a 1000G open system. with MHs on a track to move around. wish i had bookmarked that!!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts