The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks Tom,
For coming all this way to give your talk...........I really did enjoy it...If u didnt get to make the meeting you really missed a good lecture......Maria

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Thanks for havng me there Maria, I always enjoy coming down to Atlanta for the meetings, I am just glad I have something to offer to the ARC. As always, I enjoy seeing Andy's shop and the stuff he has going on that's new, not to mention the HUGE Queen Conch he has...

You folks are more than welcome.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks a lot Tom for the very interesting and informative talk. In school I never thought I would enjoy listening to a talk on Algae but it was great.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Thank you Tom for your lecture...Very upbeat and I learned a lot and definatly worth anyones time.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Great Presentation!

Tom,

Thank you for making the trip from SC to talk to us!

Your presentation was very informative, understandable and common sense based.

The 2 takeaways for me were:
1) tanks go through a natural progression/aging process and the various different algae blooms we see are just part of that maturing process and are actually beneficial and
2) different ways of exporting nutrients including the ever mundane, but ever so important regular water change, especially done towards the end of the photo period!

I suspect we'll have you come back to hear one of your other presentations.

Thanks again and I also hope you enjoy that laser pointer! :p

Bob

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thnaks for comming down and doing the presentation. Hope to see ya again soon at a future meeting.

At least the Anthony Calfo meeting.

Charles

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Re: Great Presentation!

Lifestudent said:
Thanks again and I also hope you enjoy that laser pointer! :p
Bob, the pointer has been a blast!!! I have been torturing the cat with it, he thinks it is the greatest invention since the Catnip mouse!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone for the meeting, especially to Andy for hosting the meeting in his shop (I am sure his wife appreciates it even more, as I understand the shop was cleaned to perfection by 3PM before the meeting!)

...and on Tony's lecture, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Re: Re: Great Presentation!

tdwyatt said:
Bob, the pointer has been a blast!!! I have been torturing the cat with it, he thinks it is the greatest invention since the Catnip mouse!!!
Heh CAT? Try CLOWNFISH! Customer of mine used to torment their massive A. melanopus with her laser pointer - drove the clown nuts!!! She's move the beam slowly toward the anemone and the clown would just have a fit!

It was fair play against "Hagatha" the clown - she was mean mean mean and would bite me every time I cleaned the tank - served her right to get some payback!

BTW Tom - you have a PM from me ;)

Cheers,
Jenn

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
My funniest moments is using a laser pointer, a slick kitchen floor and two cats.

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts