The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for having us! I know I didn't get a chance to stick around and meet most of the people there, it was more of a stop by, swap corals, and run meeting for me, but I did get a chance to look at your tank. I can't wait till I can have a tank like that. :) Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for hosting.

-Jeff

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
yes, thanks so much for hosting, and tell your wife that the brownies and cookies were excellent!

also i wanted to thank you for taking the time to chat about anemones, our topic of the month of sorts. between you and steve i came away with a lot more information on those critters, and i wanted to thank you for extending your knowledge to us.

oh, and i didnt get to mention it there, but i love your rock work.

wish i had a tripod with me, but here is a snapshot of yer clown

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
jfly said:
Thanks for having us! I know I didn't get a chance to stick around and meet most of the people there, it was more of a stop by, swap corals, and run meeting for me, but I did get a chance to look at your tank. I can't wait till I can have a tank like that. :) Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for hosting.

-Jeff
Ranran,

I second all of that! I enjoyed the meeting and looking at your tank and setup. Thank you again for the nice zoo frag. You have the best price on salt at your shop, I will be sure to see you when I need salt again (if not before). Please post or email me your hours

Thanks again,

Phil

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just settled down after taking care of all the little creatures!

Thanks to everyone for your generosity, and for answering lots of rookie questions!

We enjoyed the meeting greatly, and my daughter wants me to say thank you for the wonderful brownies and cookies! :)

We got stuck in a traffic jam on I5 and didn't get home until 8:30pm.

Everything is acclimated and in the tank,a nd I'm settling down with a nice beer to relax <g>.

The brown/orange zoos and the green ones (both on shells) are already open, and the snails all look happy.

The poor xenia is hanging limply at this point ( anything I should be doing for it?).

I put the shrooms in a glass bowl with LR rubble and covered that with bridal veil so they can't float way, and the GSPs are attached to small rocks with rubber band (how tightly should they be put on? Is just one rubberband in the middle enough, or should I do one on each side?).

I'm not sure if the "mystery shroom" made it. When I opened the container at home, it looked like a strange long worm!?

I acclimated it anyhow and put it in the tank, just in case it's still alive...

I was great meeting everyone, and thanks, Randy and Jennifer (I hope I remembered your names right! Am horrible with this!), for hosting the meeting!
Maybe some day we can upgrade to a larger tank, like your's, but for now the little 20H is making us very happy.

Susanne, Keith and Mieke

·
Pretty In Pink
3,288 Posts
Randy
Thanks for opening up your house. We'll get together for your orange cap - just LMK when is a good time. Are you ever on this side of the river?

nice tank- and rock work. maybe when I get the next one up, I can get you ove to stack our rock. heh heh :D

·
Beanieboy
432 Posts
Aug. meeting

:beer: :beer: :beer: :dance: :funny: :funny: :dance: ;) :beer: :beer: Thanks again, Randy & Jennifer!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Thanks Ranran and Jenjen!!!

:D

Thanks for having us at your place! Nice to meet a bunch of new people I missed in the last few months...:rolleyes: I should make more meetings soon! Here are a few pics I snapped until Ryan shoved me out of the way!;)

Here's his percs...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
and some zoos...

Attachments

·
Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,539 Posts
you and i should go in on a tripod and document the club's tanks... my little 4 inch tripod just isnt cutting it on those bigger tanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks mucho...

RanRan and Jen.

Great pics.

Ryan, I picked up my tripod at Walmart for $20 (glad I didn't spend more), 5' telescoping featherweight aluminum with it's own leveling bubble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts