The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just going to post this on my blog but seeing as how so many ppl contributed to this in one way or the other (not even knowing they did) im posting it here.

So at work today I picked up a huge calk gun size bottle of aquarium silicone (all glass brand) I came home and re did the seams on the new sump I bought from mufret just to make sure... I then drilled a hole for my auto top off which is still not hooked up. Then thanks to Mojo for saying something about it on another thread I drilled another hole for an overflow, just incase the sump is to start overflowing its got an extra gallon until it goes all over my floor..

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

heres a shot of it running, NO MICROBUBBLES!!! I just need to hook my skimmer and then im done..

I also picked up a beautiful metalic frogspawn today at work.. I now have all three. Hammer, torch, frogspawn.. now i just want to get the 3 montiporas, superman, and the other two i cant remember there names.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Man, what a great idea. Maybe I should have held on to that sump!

Seriously, I'm just thrilled it's being put to use and glad I could help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why don't you show us a full tank shot as well!!:wavey:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey could you make another one? or have anyone one? Im wanting a second sump for another tank im going to be starting up soon..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dough said:
Why don't you show us a full tank shot as well!!:wavey:
I would, but after my rock tumbled about a week ago my tank has been looking bad.. I did get them put up, but now im not liking it and am thinking up upgrading again so I dont want to epoxy corals to rocks and then change my mind and want to go up. But I did just snap these picks of my trumpet coral that i got from GeorgeW.

This frogspawn has just now decided to start opening up, Ive had it for 2 weeks now and its just now starting to be happy. Its kinda spread out, so if someone wants some im about to frag it and would trade for some other LPS or SPS.

And yes doug thats the pocilipora(sp?) you gave me, that guy is a trooper, went from bleaching to having its flesh blown off by my seios before I got them positioned and now its lookin good I think its actually going to start growing now!

This is my maze brain, I got tired of just having my 4 hr photoperiod with my halide so I put a NO t8 actinic up there too, this one is under that..

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks good!

Why do you have just a 4hr photperiod?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
at first it was just to kill off all the pest algea, and now it seems like everytime I try upping it the next day I wake up to a brown sand bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts