The Reef Tank banner

Thanks from another newbie!

2K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Ronjunior 
#1 ·
My wife and I started a 125g sw about 5 months ago (although now she says it is "her" tank). I have been reading and reading and reading (well you get the point) on this forum as a guest and finally a member for 2 months or so now. I certainly appreciate the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge of everyone here. Oh yeah---since the original 125g is now "her" tank I went and bought a "his" tank :rotflmao:. Another 125g!!!!! I will post all the his and her tank specs in a day or so and will be asking all kinds of questions on what I need to make my tank a reef only.

#9 ·
I can only hear the you sleeping on the couch battles when you come home with something and put it in your tank when she wanted it in her tank:rolleyes:

Good luck with that! And I look forward to some more posts and pics:D

#29 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsie
THANKS for these! They get me every time - but I have to admit that I still don't understand the difference. And what's really bad is that I have coral in my tank and I don't even know what's what... I'm just following the care instructions of my LFS (which I'm now starting to doubt) can anyone point me in the direction of a good resource to learn about it all? A book or website you would recommend about the different types of corals? All the ones I have seem to be doing great - by that I mean that they're opening every day and growing fast...
SPS:
This coral is only about 4" tall,.. it's a very thin layer of tissue over a hard skeliton, with little tiney pylops.

LPS:
This coral is about the size of a softball,.. it has pylops about the size of a quarter (the heads) and builds a skeliton to hold all the pylops, but they inflate much larger than the skeliton itself.

Another LPS,.. Here you can see the skeliton on the dead plylops,.. and the pylops that are still there:

Softie,.. This coral is all squishy,.. and has no CA skelition at all:

Whiskey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.