The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I started a 125g sw about 5 months ago (although now she says it is "her" tank). I have been reading and reading and reading (well you get the point) on this forum as a guest and finally a member for 2 months or so now. I certainly appreciate the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge of everyone here. Oh yeah---since the original 125g is now "her" tank I went and bought a "his" tank :rotflmao:. Another 125g!!!!! I will post all the his and her tank specs in a day or so and will be asking all kinds of questions on what I need to make my tank a reef only.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I can only hear the you sleeping on the couch battles when you come home with something and put it in your tank when she wanted it in her tank:rolleyes:

Good luck with that! And I look forward to some more posts and pics:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to TRT! :)

Two 125's eh? Now it will be a compition to see who can make theirs better :D And you have the upper hand :agree:

Whiskey
She has a big head start on me. I only have a tank and a stand so far. I am still in the idea stage on mine. Sand...Rock...Filtration...Skimmer...this...that..and the other. lol

So Get ready TRT!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can only hear the you sleeping on the couch battles when you come home with something and put it in your tank when she wanted it in her tank:rolleyes:

Good luck with that! And I look forward to some more posts and pics:D
Here is a pic of my wifes tank. She is WAY ahead of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Early suggestion...drill and plumb the tank. Since you are so early in your planning...take the time to do it right.
I have read several posts that direct me that way. I am planning on doing it that way, but will have to be educated on procedure.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Ok...good. I am not the one to educate you, but there are plenty of others here that will help you. The key to getting some peace of mind is getting rid of the overflows...they make me nervous ;) (Read my signature - I had a little issue)

Anyway...good luck!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Dueling 125's?

Competition is a healthy thing, at least most of the time. :lol:

Nice looking tanks, Jughead!

Dick:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dangit!!!! just got a call from the wifey. Fed Ex delivered her "order" for her tank. :angry:

I wonder what she's up to now????????????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts