The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Administrator
Top of the morning Bro, and THANKS for the lead off......HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL!

'Long commutes' indeed SUCK! I have a 1/2 hour drive each way 6 days a week.......longest one had been a 45 minute drive way back when. THEN AGAIN......back in the Navy days when I was stationed in Norfolk Va. I would drive/hitch hike home on weekends......6 hrs. each way. :unsure: 馃榿

Coffee is available, and that bag of chilled candy sounds breakfast'ee, so let's have at it......Almond Joys, Hersheys, Kit Kats, Yorks, and Reese's.

Another day in the upper 90's with sun shinny skies is with us. And as yesterday's hot day, will be spending most of mine below decks in tight spaces, with no fresh air intervention.......YUP, 'taking it easy'. :rolleyes:

Peace n groovy things to All,
Hack

Administrator
Good morning Rick.....

Yeah dragging my feet, for NO REASON AT ALL this morning......I enjoy leaving early for a more relaxing drive to the creek, rather than run the 'rat race'. BUT, think I'll be going now.....PEACE,
Hack

Administrator
Hey Folks......looks like a slow day at the carnival here?

Got out a tad early due to the heat, and CAUGHT UP........98F was our high, and is slinking back down now......will be in the lower 70's over night, and as always that chance of a TS as it does.

Water Sky Building Cloud Natural landscape

Was a pretty morning before the sweat got in my eyes.....but at 7 this morning you could see the 'haze' setting in......achieved the 3H's. Hard on folks breathing when that sets in.

Got home in time to make a Ham, as well as Liverwurst sandwiches.....just been craving, and TOO hot to cook.

Was there talk of 'shipping' last night on the 'Whisperer'? And if'n o, it's recorded....right?

Got our local 4H fair coming up next weekend, 12th and 13th......usually always 3 days, somethings different? Haven't made it the past couple years, COVID, but We're looking forward to mingling this year......now to flip a coin, NIGHT or AFTERNOON? Have been doing afternoons as a Family thing before the juveniles run wild.....but thinking perhaps an evening this year so Nate can walk amongst His Peers. ;) Wink wink.....

Time to go find something deserty.....candy for sure, but thinking there's ice cream sandwiches to share?

Peace and truly nice things,
Hack

Administrator
As a connoisseur of all thing deserty and ice cream as a specialty, ......does Everyone remember back when ice cream sandwiches were 'better'er'? Sure, the taste......but back when the cake part didn't taste/feel stale and come apart on your fingers forcing you to lick them in public?
Don't know who has Acmes near by, but their 'generic' version, Signature brand, is THAT! Wasted decades eating substandard, high priced imitations of my memory.....till I tried these! And been going back to them ever since. Just a recommendation.
Hack
(y)

Administrator
Your temps may be falling Cath, but still think your have a warm shake by time USPS get them there. :unsure: :(
I of course have the 'virtual' variety, but they leave you wanting.
Hack

Administrator
HEY Doug! No AC yet at work......don't worry, will be fixed by January.:unsure:馃榿
Hack

Administrator
I went through THAT phase,m now it's mushrooms n onions. (y) Sausage, as long as it's 'crumpled' and not sliced...or ham, bacon and said sausage will all do in a pinch. SADLY everyone round here quit making 'good' pizza.
Hack

Administrator
SOOooooooo RIGHT Pal! Only the MEGA-JOINTS are making it....even smaller national franchises are falling to the curb. Mom n Pops sadly I feel have seen their day....our place in point.

YES, thin crust pizza is PIZZA. Almost every street corner had good pizza on it......but began to change over the years.....people messing with something good for the sake of being 'different'. To the point no one seems to remember how to do it good any more. $20.00 ain't much, and loose than in the wash often....but hate wasting that on a suckie pizza....but have to trying to find a good one.
Too thick....too much sauce.....too much oil.....too much cheese(AND THAT'S HARD TO DO.)....too under cooked.....just 'too'.
Hack

Administrator
That was confusing, sounds lie the timetable for store, even if I get ex's BF to take on the job at the store/
Yes, it was your store I was eluding to Doug.....AC at the creek? That's a winter's day with the windows open. 馃榿
Hack

Administrator
Besides all the bad pizza, we have 'Boardwalk' pizza out the cazoo. A few iconic boardwalk venders have made it big....Mac n Mancos, Primos.....Like eating spaghetti sauce on a piece of cardboard with cheese sprinkled on it....Shoebees love it!
Hack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts