The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Retired Wanderer
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

Headed into work soon. I have a way too long commute, but fixing hot tubs and HVAC stuff pays the bills. Applied at Amazon, and got up early to take the tests. My new girlfriend has nothing working right in her house. Getting things up to snuff pretty quickly.

Coffee is on.

Supposed to be a scorcher of a day. Getting a pretty good farmers tan.

Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: cath and hackshobby

Administrator
Top of the morning Bro, and THANKS for the lead off......HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL!

'Long commutes' indeed SUCK! I have a 1/2 hour drive each way 6 days a week.......longest one had been a 45 minute drive way back when. THEN AGAIN......back in the Navy days when I was stationed in Norfolk Va. I would drive/hitch hike home on weekends......6 hrs. each way. :unsure: 馃榿

Coffee is available, and that bag of chilled candy sounds breakfast'ee, so let's have at it......Almond Joys, Hersheys, Kit Kats, Yorks, and Reese's.

Another day in the upper 90's with sun shinny skies is with us. And as yesterday's hot day, will be spending most of mine below decks in tight spaces, with no fresh air intervention.......YUP, 'taking it easy'. :rolleyes:

Peace n groovy things to All,
Hack

Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
Mornin all. Sorry to hear about Presley鈥檚 bad news. That is tough.

I would typically be at work by now but still on the patio. I guess I better get going. Have a great day.

Administrator
Good morning Rick.....

Yeah dragging my feet, for NO REASON AT ALL this morning......I enjoy leaving early for a more relaxing drive to the creek, rather than run the 'rat race'. BUT, think I'll be going now.....PEACE,
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
Good morning Perry, Hack , Rick and all.

Drinking coffee and getting ready to work on seahorses, feeding and such.
The day is starting out dry and more rain later in the forecast.
Have a great day

Administrator
Good morning all, ugh on long commutes Perry,, when I worked ar Erickson Aircrane my commute was 100 miles a day, now it takes about 3 min to drive to the store. It's my Friday, gonna be cooler only 95ish. Furg gets to go to vet for weigh in and meds, she will be 6 months on the 9th. I bet she is over 50 #
Hope the day treats you all well, be careful Hack out there

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Perry, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, Doug, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and candy bars, Hack. For a bit morning snack, I will offer up your choice of Thomas English muffins, a variety of sliced bagels, scones, cream cheese, jams, peaches and nanners.

Perry, good to hear from you! Yep, a long commute you鈥檙e is a pain. Hope you can work out something.

Rick, I鈥檓 confused. I thought you had Thursday and Friday off. Or maybe it鈥檚 Friday and Saturday. Were you able to enjoy a ride to work today?

Vinnie, it鈥檚 too bad that you and Kristine had to decide to get out of the antique business. But it鈥檚 probably for the best. Doesn鈥檛 seem like people are buying much in the way of real antiques and collectibles鈥..well except for Jeff buying those things.
Good to hear that Presley is thinking about her cat and its spirit being in heaven. That takes out some of the sting.

Doug, good news on your somewhat lower temps today. Furg is such a good doggie. How Weezer potty training going?

we are in a pattern for lower temps for the next several days. Maybe even in the 80s after today, and going into the high 60s at night. I hope we get some rain out of it.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Administrator
Hey Folks......looks like a slow day at the carnival here?

Got out a tad early due to the heat, and CAUGHT UP........98F was our high, and is slinking back down now......will be in the lower 70's over night, and as always that chance of a TS as it does.

Water Sky Building Cloud Natural landscape

Was a pretty morning before the sweat got in my eyes.....but at 7 this morning you could see the 'haze' setting in......achieved the 3H's. Hard on folks breathing when that sets in.

Got home in time to make a Ham, as well as Liverwurst sandwiches.....just been craving, and TOO hot to cook.

Was there talk of 'shipping' last night on the 'Whisperer'? And if'n o, it's recorded....right?

Got our local 4H fair coming up next weekend, 12th and 13th......usually always 3 days, somethings different? Haven't made it the past couple years, COVID, but We're looking forward to mingling this year......now to flip a coin, NIGHT or AFTERNOON? Have been doing afternoons as a Family thing before the juveniles run wild.....but thinking perhaps an evening this year so Nate can walk amongst His Peers. ;) Wink wink.....

Time to go find something deserty.....candy for sure, but thinking there's ice cream sandwiches to share?

Peace and truly nice things,
Hack

Administrator
As a connoisseur of all thing deserty and ice cream as a specialty, ......does Everyone remember back when ice cream sandwiches were 'better'er'? Sure, the taste......but back when the cake part didn't taste/feel stale and come apart on your fingers forcing you to lick them in public?
Don't know who has Acmes near by, but their 'generic' version, Signature brand, is THAT! Wasted decades eating substandard, high priced imitations of my memory.....till I tried these! And been going back to them ever since. Just a recommendation.
Hack
(y)

Administrator
Eskimo Pie ( Aluit or Inuit as it were) although the Northern most First Nation People of plus Artic Canada. , Noit sure about Greenlanders, I know the native ahem Icelanders were Niodic folk, But the Sammi of Northern Scandanavia an d far nothern Russ-Siberian would qualify, Amongst those various groups were subgroups so i issue a blanket apology for mentioning name of popular Ice Cream Sammich. Long hot day, crazy busy but done now. Actually cooler inside, overnight temp got to high 50s, we moved several BIG hans up high where they would push hot air out, at 2pm shift change it was 88F in store as a opposed to near hundred or above. Need to get the pup some more canned food and Organic yogurt

Administrator
Your temps may be falling Cath, but still think your have a warm shake by time USPS get them there. :unsure: :(
I of course have the 'virtual' variety, but they leave you wanting.
Hack

Administrator
HEY Doug! No AC yet at work......don't worry, will be fixed by January.:unsure:馃榿
Hack

Administrator
I went through THAT phase,m now it's mushrooms n onions. (y) Sausage, as long as it's 'crumpled' and not sliced...or ham, bacon and said sausage will all do in a pinch. SADLY everyone round here quit making 'good' pizza.
Hack

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
If no anchovies then pepperoni only or just cheese. And I really like thin crust.
We had a place in Baton Rouge that had the best pizza, they opened in 1937 and it was a bar originally, they made anchovie pizzas and the pizza was free. It made people drink more. But then years later they started selling pizza in the same location until a few months ago. They closed down because of not being able to staff it after Covid.
they won best pizza every year for as long as I can remember. Another Landmark restaurant gone. The small mom and pop places are dropping like flies. Last few years have really messed up the economy with no fox in site.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts