The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

Did a biannual scrubbing of my upholstery and carpets last night. Everything is soaked and smelling like Fabuloso. Hoping for one last hot dry day to crack the windows at work and let it all dry out.

Coffee is on.

Leigh and I took a catch up night last evening, and so tonight is the electrical work. I love those connectors that have the correct number of screw in terminals in a header so much better than old school wirenuts. Doing things live is no fun when you have three or four wires at once to try to manage.

Enjoy your Thursday!

Reactions: cath

·
Administrator
16,794 Posts
Top of the morning Perry......nice seeing you as lead off this morning.......and a BIG GOOD MORNING TO ALL......HAPPY THURSDAY!

'Sunshine n lollipops' for our day, inching up to 80......under fogging 60 degree skies at the moment.

Coffee is refreshed, and Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts to get crumbs on your trousers.

Excitement hasn't presented it'self to me yet, but just know it lurks out there somewhere.
Peace and really nifty hopes for All,
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
281 Posts
Morning Phish and Hack & all the rest who filter through later. Nice fat crunchy green grapes are on the counter.

It's my Friday today and sunny and around 70F. I am heading to the farm to do some mowing after work - Some time on the tractor is good for the head and I love being out in the country. Looks like rain tomorrow and Saturday so I am thinking a deep clean on the 125G and maybe set up my drawing table. After hosting a house FULL of people last weekend a little quiet time is welcome.

Stay awesome. Rick.

·
Premium Member
25,505 Posts
Good Moring Perry, Hack, Rick and all,

Thanks for the coffee,

Another warm dry day here, cooler this weekend , more fall like weather coming.

The Macro algae is starting to take hold in the seahorse tank, I'm glad for that.

Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,417 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, Rick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, PopTarts, and grapes, guys! I’ll add toast, PB, blueberry marmalade and peach chutney. Oatmeat is ready too.

Perry -Looking forward to some photos of your projects at Leigh's house.

Hack, niw that you’re finished with PT, when do you go to tye neck doc? How is your foot?

Rick!! Good to see you here again? What was the huge gathering all about last weekend? Pre-Canadian T-Day?

Vinnie - Thanks for reminding us of your dietary needs. We’ll keep that in mind.
Exciting idea for you and Kristine to move to a dryer climate!

Jeff - Why didn’t we think that a Chevy part would be sent from Buick?? You sure did have a strange day yesterday.

Our church’s fundraising oyster roast last night was great! Live music, roasted oysters and oyster stew, shrimp, slaw, regular and veggie chili, and cookies. Beer, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks. If you left hungry, it was your own fault. PLUS there were some great things up for anonymous bidding.

I better get going.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,306 Posts
Good morning gang, its my Friday as well. 36 and dark out but heading to mid 60s. Maybe a few sprinkles early on. Coffee is brewing and grapes sound awesome, breakfast finger food.
Hope the day is full of groovy ess to quote Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,288 Posts
Morning all,

Big mug ( holds 1/2 carafe) of coffee getting installed internally currently, what choice for grub will happen shortly afterwards.
Temps dropped yesterday after the rain, but feels like a warm up might be in store for today, already feels muggy when the dawgs were outside for their first foray.

Picking up my first Doxie foster(s) since Blyth passed in a few hrs. Based of the pic/post of them on FB yesterday, looks like they will a happy pair of littermate bros to have here. Latest addition to the pack here , Max, gets a move up on his stature in the dog rankings, gets to meet new dawgs ( tho temporary) to the house. Wonderin/hoping he welcomes them with open paws and has someone new to play with here.
New fosters in da house kinda means I have to be a good host and hang with them for the day, get them settled in and used to the in/outs of potty protocol here, literally. So, don’t see a lot of my doing “stuff” and leaving the newbs alone, not good foster home/human behavior.

Back to my coffee,

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Love

·
Administrator
47,306 Posts
Good morning Cath, sounds like a great gig last night. Sweat kind of music did they feature?

·
Administrator
47,306 Posts
Sounds .like an exiting day, hope the meet up goes well

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
281 Posts
Last weekend was Canuck Thanksgiving Cath. We do it in October. Turkey and smoked ham for 25 people at one table. It is as loud as it is fun.

·
Super Moderator
27,417 Posts
Good afternoon, guys!

Good morning Cath, sounds like a great gig last night. Sweat kind of music did they feature?
They play R&B originals and covers with their own twist. I didn’t pay as close attention as I should have, but somewhat of a Southern Rock style.

Jeff - I forgot to mention how cute those two litter mate doxies are. They are su lucky to be in your care.

Last weekend was Canuck Thanksgiving Cath. We do it in October. Turkey and smoked ham for 25 people at one table. It is as loud as it is fun.
WOW! No wonder you took a vacation to get ready for such a party!

·
Premium Member
25,505 Posts
Good afternoon all,

not much going on , my son Jacob been home sick all week with covid. He seem to be doing good , body aches and pain.

·
Super Moderator
27,417 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Vinnie! I hope he can fight off Covid quickly and that you don’t get it.

·
Premium Member
25,505 Posts
His wife and my grandkids have been testing and are negative. He is isolated in a room by him self. We haven’t been in contact with him since last week. We have been staying home.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evening all. Hope everyone is well and continues to be well.

Getting my trip next week to PA for work, a trip to San Francisco for a conference for Leigh to discuss whatever commercial real estate attorneys talk about and a trip to Dallas going.

In between building test fixtures and doing a lot of typing that goes with making a medical device. My vacation doing heavy industrial stuff was fun, but back to what I know something about.

Got Belgian White paint to complement the grayish green that we already painted with. This weekend I need to finish running wires and lights, do a little painting, hang some rock and get gas working in the basement fireplace. Cath I posted the before picture of a ripped out area around a fireplace. I'll be building it up to be reading nooks. It will take some Pinterest research to figure out the correct period mantle. The house is 100 years old in a very tightly controlled neighborhood. The basement however is a little more contemporary with a giant sectional couch thing coming, tin roof and all the electronics.

Home alone tonight in my little place catching up on some stuff.

Enjoy your evening.

·
Administrator
16,794 Posts
Sloppy Joe's are a thing this evening......but PLENTY of them. BBQ'd chips and a Jewish pickle to add to the ambiance.

Now for an update on the ole bucketful of injury stuff......broken foot, ehhh, still there.....neck, sore but not PAIN.....jammed thumb, hmmmmm 🤔 , that's OK.......pulled back nail, that's sore......Hmmmmmmm🤔....OH yeah, fell off the travel lift today coming down the ladder, but didn't hit the ground....my pinky saved me. Got wedged on the equipment and all luscious 211 lbs of prime Hack was dangling by my pinky......Yeah it's broke, but not bad, just a little out of kilter.

I wonder if I'm starting to get some 'signs' here that maybe I outa get out of Dodge whilst I can walk? :cautious:

Got an 'assorted flavors' NY cheese cake for desert if'n Y'All's been good.

Peace,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,288 Posts
Evening all,
You can’t just get one boo-boo can ya Hack?
Each and every one of those sound painful, like you don’t know that first hand.
Picked up the new fosters, cute fellas. Doing pretty well on settling in, had worse.
When I got home with Linky and Toby, I left them to explore the back yard while I let out the resident dawgs here. At some point Max gave out a yelp/scream , so it looked like he tweaked whatever was the problem a few times in the year he has been here. Let the meet n greet of new fosters and dog pack here happen, along with keeping a eye on Max.
Ended up calling up the vet to see if I could bring him in, they were able to squeeze him in , in about the time it took to drive up north some 40 minutes.
Luckily the vet was very certain it was not spinal , but a soft tissue tweak. Big sigh of relief with it not being a long dawg typical spinal injury.
Hoping the meds help, but sure time, rest and meds will fix Max up.
Newb fosters feeling comfy in the house, nice to see.

On to the evening,

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
16,794 Posts
Always told folks that come over here crying about a boo boo, to come closer so'st I can drop a brick on yer foot......WHY? GUARANTEED it'll take your mind off your old boo boo.

Practice what I preach Jeff. 👍
You can’t just get one boo-boo can ya Hack?
Each and every one of those sound painful, like you don’t know that first hand.

·
Administrator
16,794 Posts
COOL the new comers are feeling at home so soon Jeff. SORRY to hear about the owie with Max......BUT glad it's not the spine......sounds like you got some awesome Vet folks down....over, or wherever the heck you are.😁
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now for an update on the ole bucketful of injury stuff......broken foot, ehhh, still there.....neck, sore but not PAIN.....jammed thumb, hmmmmm 🤔 , that's OK.......pulled back nail, that's sore......Hmmmmmmm🤔....OH yeah, fell off the travel lift today coming down the ladder, but didn't hit the ground....my pinky saved me. Got wedged on the equipment and all luscious 211 lbs of prime Hack was dangling by my pinky......Yeah it's broke, but not bad, just a little out of kilter.
Long injury list Hack.

The lawyers are getting fired up over my neck nerve thing and whatever happens in November. I am getting way less injured in my cube than in dangerous factories.

Got a bunch more stuff from the basement remodel of Leigh's historic home. Just standard OFR stuff.

Have a nice night TRT

1 - 20 of 23 Posts