The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank everyone on this board for putting up with my endless questions over the past nine months or so. Thanks to all your suggestions and helpful response I've finally got my tank up and running. :beer:

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a picture of the tank with just the VHOs on (there are two 60" Actinic Blue VHOs over the tank).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And here's one with the VHOs and just one of the MHs on (there are three 250W MHs along with the Actinic VHOs over the tank).

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Your really close now! Now for the fun part, putting all the goodies in when the tank has cycled!!:)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
nice photos!

ldmk said:
Finally, all the lights are on in this picture:
I love the archwork... very nice.:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone :eek:

I really couldn't have done it without all the help I received at TRT.

K.M.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
very cool. i love that arch too!

what type of rock is that, and where'd ya get it ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Jay! :eek:

It's Marshall Island Rock (expesive but really worth it in terms of the life that came on it - I've got at least 12 Astrea snails, vermetid snails, bunches of feather duster worms, caulpera, and unfortunately, green bubble algae :funny: )

I got it at a LFS - paid more than I would have on line but I was able to watch the rocks for a little over two weeks, pick out the pieces I wanted - hence the arch - and transport them home in water. All of which made the price worth it. An added advantage was that the tank went through its cycle in a little under three days.

I know that's blasphemy on this board :) but I did have a Ammonia spike, followed by a teeny, tiny bit of Nitrite and Nitrate and the readings have been zero for over a week now :dance: It also allowed me to support a LFS, which I felt very good about.

K.M.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Which LFS did you get your rock from if ya don't mind me askin? I really like that rock, nice stuff no doubt

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tom:

I got it at "Indoor Reef" on 6th Avenue in Tacoma, WA (pretty close to you). It's a fairly new LFS and is attached to the "Indoor Garden" (which has the much larger awning).

K.M.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I heard about that place, but it wasn't open before I left for Germany in Feb. I still don't know when I will be back, but when I do get back I will have to check it out! So is it any good, apart from having good LR?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a pretty small shop and he is just getting started but the fish seem healthy and he has a nice collection of leather corals. He also has some equipment - but the equipment is a bit over-priced. Seems like a really nice guy and the live rock is (as noted) excellent.

K.M.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Oh sure dont tell them how nice and how GOOD help was in the shop you were in today hehehheehh remember I know a secret hehehhe

Jeff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The help in the shop I was in today was ... FANTASTIC and the tattoos were awesome :D

And, of course, secrets go both ways :funny:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
rofl

1 - 20 of 26 Posts