The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I have referenced in a few other posts, one of my Aqueon heaters (the brand new style, its 4 months old) failed and brought my tank to about 90 degrees. My desjardini tang died when I discovered the temp so I am assuming thats why.

I wrote them an email describing what happened, it was not mean and I did not even ask for a refund on the heater, I just wanted to inform them. Afterall I bought it because it said 'most accurate and reliable submersible heater' on the box.

Well though it took them a few days to response (though after the initial response they responded within minutes each time) they are replacing the heater NO QUESTIONS ASKED and sending me a free powerhead!.

Though I will just sell the heater (i bought a controller and am going to use my marineland because though it wasnt as accurate, it didnt fail either)
you cant ask for much more than this.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they going to refund you for the fish??
No, I didnt even mention that, however that is par for the course.
My girlfriend lost a favorite fish in her tanks due to a heater that exploded about 12 hours after she got it. She was really upset and called and they were like 'we are not liable' which is understandable so I didnt bother.

But the fact that they straight up sent me a new one and a freebie was pretty good for me. Its hard to be perfect and I have had nothing but positive experiences with their other products.

Yes it would be nice if they did that but to be honest none of us would want that. If companies suddenly became liable for billions of dollars in livestock, then prices of equipment would be even more outrageous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts