The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its friday for msot of you anyway, i still gotta work tongiht!

as you can see, i'm home early. had a bad experience at work today.

brace yourself, this is a real eye opener. if you havea weak stomach, do NOT read further.

so, i'm finally starting to get over this bronchitis. but still have a bit of a cough, compunded on top of the smokers cough, at times, it can be really rough. so last night i'm at the office, going over some paperwork, and i hit a coughin stage. and it got really relaly violent. so violent in fact, that it invoked the gag reflex, and yep, you guessed it. i started vomiting. profusely. for about 5 minutes, no stop. all over the floor, and the front of my computer :eek:

now as if that weren't bad enough, on my way to the office, in the car, i ate two eggsalad sandwiches on white bread, and a can of red cream soda. soooo, my floor was covered with soggy pink bread with yellow chunks...

yeah, nice. just what you wanted to hear this morning huh :D

have a great day, anyone wanna come over for breakfast? :funny:

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
EWWwwwwww!

Oh great, Jay! and I was eating cereal !

And here I was worried about you coming after me with pincers and ice cubes.:funny: I hope you feel better, MUCH better soon, Jay.

anyway....Good Mawnin' TRT!!

Tonight my sister, her husband and I are going to see The Phantom of the Opera (traveling show) in Greenville. Wheeeee! I'm excited. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Everyone make it a good day! Alice- I hope you find all the stuff your kids cleaned away for you ;)

Love and hugs and peace to all.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Good Morning everyone. Coffee's brewin' KONA KONA KONA. I have a slam up busy day here at work and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down either. Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing weekend.

Earl

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning TRT!!

Just took a sip on my hot steaming coffee! HHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm good!!

Not much happening today. Suppose to get some thunder storms this afternoon!

My finger leather coral that I super clued to a small flat piece of rock last night is still holding this morning! Yeah it works!!!!:beer:

Story behind it was one of my clams decided to move and tumble down on to the leather coral and broke it off the base rock it was on!:eek:

Everyone have an enjoyable Friday and see ya at the forum!:)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My finger leather coral that I super clued...
so johnny, what differentiates a normal clue from a super clue? is it sort of like the differance between finding a strand of fabric versus a fingerprint? :funny: :funny:

sorry cath, i gave fair warning!

uh oh, friday the 13th, i didnt even realize it!! watch out, ya know my name is jason :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Jay the super glue sticks to your fingers alot faster!!!:D

This was my first attempt at doing this and to this point it is holding quite well and the leather looks fine! I took the coral and small flat piece of LR and dried the spots on each piece and then applied the super clue to each piece and moved each piece in a circular motion in the air for about 30 seconds and then joined the two pieces together and held and pressed it for 60 seconds and it was completed!

Will put up a pick of the finished work as soon as lights come on in the aquarium!:)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool johnny. look forward to it!!

i think you missed my joke though... you wrote super "C" lue, not super "G" lue :)

so i'm still wondering what signifies a "Super Clue" :p

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Jay it's to early in the morning! Good catch on that one!!:funny:

Maybe it's called "super glue" cause it bonds really fast or because it comes in just a darn tiny tube!:D

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Good morning and happy Friday! It's going to be weekend for me for the next 2 weeks, but there's still lots to do.

Jay, I'm glad you're getting over your bronchitis, but what a way to start the day! Your vivid color description take me back to elementary school, where I distinctly remember someone yakking pink stuff everywhere. :p

Anyway, it's a cleaning day here, and I need some coffee...
*yawn*

Danielle

·
Super Moderator
22,407 Posts
Mornin' ,,,at least i think it's mornin,,,can't tell til this fog burns off out here,,,glad i ain't going anywhere til later,,,,,
everyone have a great day,,,,
Jay,,,,get better!

·
Registered
706 Posts
rain.......rain.......rain.......rain......detect a theme yet?

Well, im off to the hardware store for paint. Gonna get some faster drying spackle too that cheap garbage I bought yesterday took 8 hours to dry, and even then it didn't go on well, more like dry wall compound. Even so I should be able to paint later tonight or early tomorrow.

I found out about a different LFS that I didn't know existed about 30 miles from here, so i might hit that place on Saturday. In the meantime its more work on the stand.

Once I get it all painted (no trim yet) Ill steal the camera again for some pics.

dave

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Well Jay...erg...glad you got that off your chest and out of your belly. I'm thinking I may skip breakfast now. :D NOT!!!

Well its Friday again and not a day too early!

Cath, thanks for keeping the ice pincers to yourself today! :D

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
OK its Friday the 13th, Fool moon or near enough :( that xplains a lot of things. Glad I am not on the road this weekend. Tho I have to attend a party tommorow, 9soneones whining cause she's hitting 30) WHaaaaa, one of daughters best friends from Hi school. Then theres the **** typo on TRT calender ;).
JAy no more movie reviews ;), I am old and need my sleep uninterupted

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
Yep another week almost gone buy. I just wish Mother Nature would change hew schedule to make it rain during the week and not on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
morning all, ahh Friday the 13th. cool.

i have the day off to pack and get the van ready for the drive to Georgia for BRAG. got the tandem and my single loaded in the van already. getting the tank all cleaned up and ready for the week without me.:( getting all the laundy done for all of us. so busy.

Jay-heck of a welcome message.:D let me go clean out my skimmer now.:D

G~

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww Jay

Hope ya all have a good day. Im off to the dentist here in a hour or so. Wohoooooo Free high

Have a good day
Bu Bye

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Geoff said:
morning all, ahh Friday the 13th. cool.

Jay-heck of a welcome message.:D let me go clean out my skimmer now.:D

G~
Ewwww...Jay and the skimmer in the same sentence. too much, Geoff ;)

Good luck on BRAG, Geoff and look for my step-son ...no I guess he better look out for you. You'll be easier to spot :cool:

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Hey Geoff, have fun and be careful! :) We do the MS150 each year, but I haven't managed to con Mr Smith into a tandem yet.

(Of late, it's been a Dad-Daughter thing, but mom is getting in on it as a personal SAG this year. :) )

Have fun - I know you will!
Danielle, who drools over those Cannondale racing tandems...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts