The Reef Tank banner

Texas Hold'em tourney on Sat.-Q's

9K views 56 replies 13 participants last post by  REEFSTOCK 
#1 ·
I was going to post this in the MO section but wanted to give a chance to some newbies to come. This Saturday we are having a fundraiser for the speakers that are coming this year. Entry is $15. Frags are the prizes. Most all of the seats are filled, but we want to have five or so extra people in case of no-shows. You still need to send an email to the club email to get the info and directions. It will be this Saturday at 4pm. If you are interested in playing send in your request and you will get the info forwarded to you.

Also, I need the following and I thought a thread for all to see would be the easiest way to track our progress:
1. four bar stools. (I have four and four more would do to finsih one table)

2. 8-10 folding chairs.

3. A few people to bring snacks/beer. (most of the food/dinner will be provided and I have wine for those that enjoy it. I'll have soda and lemonade as well. I'll have some beer, but just not sure how much folks want.)

If you are coming and are able to help out, post here so we don't have 100 chairs show up.:freak:

See less See more
#6 ·
Entry fee is $15. Looking for generous people to bring a few frags for the prizes.

I think Clownut is bringing a few frags and some others as well. I'm sure not everyone has frags to spare so just the entry fee is all that is required. We're trying to have fun and raise $$$ for the speakers. BTW, Redwinger claims he doesn't have room for all the frags he'll win. Smack talk has started. I think he's bringing a couple echino frags to make room for his winnings.;)

#20 ·
I have an A. nana colony that is somehow holding on that I'll pull out of the tank and bring along for someone to attempt to save. I would recommend placing it in QT if you take it, as I don't know if it's going to survive, and it'll really need acclimating to lights, as it's only under VHO.

#22 ·
1. Allways get involved in a pot with redwinger.:help: Cmon you know you want to:nuts:
2. When redwinger check raises you , you go all in.:eek: Trust me your wife will thankyou:agree:(otolith refuses to do this as he knows angela would be suspicious if he came home early):p
3. Allways try to bluff redwinger.:)

Anyways, Check out these sites and play a bit. You can read some books and some sites but the game is really quite easy and alot of luck involved. Players with knowledge of the game as par as odds are concerned and have the experience to read people in certain situations have a advantage but I have seen many a times when someone should have gotten out a long time ago and stayed in and one the hand when they had no business being involved to begine with when you look at the odds. This is what scares me about the game. anybody can win at any time. Here is what I recommend you do sign on at any of these sites and play on the play money tables to get the hang of the game and learn the different terms. Experience is a good start to it.

www.pokerstars.com
www.fulltiltpoker.com
www.bodog.com
www.partypoker.com

#51 ·
I am still offering to be a designated driver for anyone who wants a ride from the northern burbs. PM me if you would like.

I also will be bringing a few small frags for the auction. See attached and someone please identify them.
Believe it or not the bottom left is a Pink Milli.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.