The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to watch my calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium in my tank. Is the Red Sea Pro test kit better than buying Salifert individual test kits? Which of these test kits is easier to test with? Which one is better? How long does it take to test for each of these? Help me please!

· Veteran Newbie
3,825 Posts
I far prefer Salifert. They take a little longer, but are far easier to read and almost impossible to mess up. Doing all three of those Salifert tests takes me 10-15 min tops, and I always know exactly what my levels are.

· Lil Reefer
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's not long really. I heard that the Red Sea sometimes the results are hard to read or can be misinterpreted? Im leaning towards the salifert tests I guess. Some people like the Red Sea from what ive heard and read. However, alot of people say the Salifert has easier to read results, is pretty accurate, and rather easy to use. I will probably end up going with the Salifert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.