The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin all. I don't see anyone else around yet so I'll start us off. The thermometer on the back of the shed said 2F when I went out to check the pond and the truck dash said 5F an hour later. It is a wee bit chilly. The air is still though so at least there isn't any wind chill. I see a high of 21F forecasted for today - that will be when I find out what froze and burst last night. We will have to spread out and try to find those before they thaw and leak.

Stay warm and stay awesome. Rick.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Sleepy head reporting in......

Good morning Rick, and to All pulling up a stool around the Training Table today.....HAPPY TUESDAY!

15 here so far heading to the mid 20's.....a great day to NOT be working outside. I hope Y'All don't have any 'burst of cracked' items up there......that's sucky tracking that stuff down when your fingers have to be looked at to know that they're there.

Kept the eyes shut till pert near 7 this morning....close to a record for me. Coffee is doing it's thing, and feeling like some good old fashioned Cream of Wheat may be in order.

Along with turning the sun parlor into a walk-in closet today, there'll of course be the need to go to Home Depot to spend the appropriate amount of money.,..a 'project tax' as it were.

Sure hope the day rises on a groovy one for All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Good morning Rick, Hack and all .

I put some coffee on, cooler here overnight.

I have to go get some kind of x ray today , not sure what it is . They said only about 20 minutes.

have a good day

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Good mawnin’, Rick, Hack, Vinnie, land all of TRT!

Thanks for starting us out this morning, Rick!
Ewwww with checking for what pipe froze and burst last night. Time to dig out your heated gloves.🥶🥶

Hack - Brrrr It sure is Cream of Wheat weather! Add hot chocolate and baked apples with cinnamon to go with the coffee you have going.
Looking forward to hearing about your big project at your house.

Vinnie - Hope all goes well and you have your x-ray today.

Yesterday I found out that I was exposed to Covid by one my friends that I have coffee and breakfast with every Friday. There are usually 5 or 6 of us that gather for breakfast. I’m waiting the usual 5 days after exposure to get tested, which will be tomorrow. So far I feel fine!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Morning all,
Sitting in the vet’s parking lot with King the GSD, about 15 minutes more to wait for them to open.
Luckily ( and I mean that extremely wholeheartedly) King FINALLY stopped barking, he was full volume barking 80% of the 1/2 drive😵‍💫😵‍💫🤫.
At least he chilled/quieted down while parked here , along with seeing a few dawgs outside…

Update later,,,

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
WOW.......been spending a little too much time behind the curtain down in the MOD area.....Good morning Cath, Vinnie, and Jeff.....and King! Yeah Jeff, a barking dog, has the same frequency as a screaming child in my aged receptors.

YUP.....Cath THAT has become way tooooooo norm in our lives now......open the 'door a little to normal' and bad juju slips right in. Even if nothing is past, good judgement makes us slip back into our caves AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN....

Hope today is EZPZ for You Vinnie......fingers crossed.

Hack

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mornin all. I don't see anyone else around yet so I'll start us off. The thermometer on the back of the shed said 2F when I went out to check the pond and the truck dash said 5F an hour later. It is a wee bit chilly. The air is still though so at least there isn't any wind chill. I see a high of 21F forecasted for today - that will be when I find out what froze and burst last night. We will have to spread out and try to find those before they thaw and leak.

Stay warm and stay awesome. Rick.
Ya, we were at -4°F last night (windchill -14°). At 2° (WC -15°) this morning. Moving out of the cold snap, might get back to 20° later🤞But it will feel like 2°. 🥶

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
Top of the morning Fire Serpent ------You win the official TRT BRRRrrrrrrr award for today!
Great, now I gotta go put on another sweat shirt after reading that.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Remorning all,
Back from the vet , King was “decent” at the vet, tho he did NOT like me putting a muzzle on him so they could take him back for all the stuff they did on/to him( nails/weigh/temp😳/ and what vaccinations needed) Got snippy with me, had the vet tech leave the room so I could put his muzzle on , one on one -like . I’m still alpha male here and quelled any snarky-ness from a canine kid of mine.
They said he behaved nicely , thankfully.
Vet said he is in superb health for a “senior” GSD( 10 yrs old is upper end range for the breed)

Picked up all the heartworm preventative meds for the year x6 dawgs 😵‍💫😳, and combined the 3 dogs yesterday and King’s today vet visit into one bill.
I told them, I’ll hand them a credit card, we smile silently , they run it and hand the card back, no mention of how much it came too( I knew it was a chunk of change but did not really want to hear a number) they brought the HW stuff back in a Amex swag bag, with some toys etc in it ( I joked it oughta be in a jewelry store bag for what it cost🤔😂😳)
Can’t complain , all the dawgs here are mine/because of me , strictly because I chose that to happen, and vet etc. care comes with that.

Think it was 7 degrees when I left for the vet this morning,, prob a high of high teens slowly happening.

King was “better” on the drive home , chilled his barking somewhat. Not silent but prob 60% less than the drive north.

Nothing in stone or top of the to-do list at this moment , but after the am visit with the boids , I’ll work into getting a gameplan going.

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Wow
Reactions: VWD and cath

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Good evening all,

the ex Ray today turn into a swallow test also, do they could get a good look at what happened as I swallow, this is about the 4 one in two years,.
Then we had a good take after. I may have to go to speech therapy. I stop there,

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

Welcome aboard, Fire Serpent. We’re glad to have you on TRT, and glad you hopped into the daily thread. Please come back often, daily even. As you can see that we talk about all kinds of stuff, reef related and otherwise. Good to have a Cheesehead here (if that’s an ok thing to call you….🙃)

Jeff - Wowzer! I don’t remember King acting out like that before. Or is my memory badly faded? You have the right attitude for taking care of such a zoo such as yours.🥳

Vinnie - Glad to see you after your day of imaging fun. Bleah That’s a lot of stuff going on there. Hope you can get a huge bit of grooviness tonight.

Everyone hunker down for an evening of fun and relaxation in whatever fashion you like.

·
Administrator
17,791 Posts
HiYa Cath, and All huddled around a nice warm place. Never got up to COLD today, stayed stupid cold.......Jen just went around the corner to one of our Adopted Kids home's for a visit....2 round trips out in the fridgit night to drop of n fetch Her. Just made Her a pot of 'gruel' to warm up.....I had THAT for breakfast.....I think?

Glad today is over for Ya Vinnie......sounds like a LONG ONE. 'Speech therapy'.....been looking at some of your posts....yeah, they could use a wee bit of that I recon. Blasted auto correct!

May head into the creek tomorrow for some fun in the surf....MAYBE! Supposed to climb into the low 40's.....great beach weather.

We did a big push round here today getting the front room reconfigured, to allow the 'domino effect' to take place with the rest of the house. .......so feet are now up, and are down right belligerent about changing that configuration.

Let's hope for grooviness,
Hack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts