The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jumbo Shrimp
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has decided that it's time to replace the carpet in the house so I spent all of yesterday tearing down the 90gal reef and moving the inhabitants into Rubbermaid containers. My intention was to have it all moved back into the 90gal in a different room sometime today, but after stressing out the fish and inverts with one move, I'm thinking it might be better to leave them in the tubs until the carpet is done instead of doing another tear-down and rebuild a week from now. If I go this route, the critters and rock will be in the tubs for a total of five days or so.

I figure I'll need to improve water flow with some small powerheads while they are in their temporary housing, but other than that and temperature, is there anything I should worry about with this setup? My skimmer will be inoperative since my sump is in the basement and inaccessible during this process, so I figure I'll be doing some water changes every other day or so.

I'd appreciate any tips people might have for keeping things alive and comfortable for a few days with this setup. For example, how long do you think a clam, some anemones, and corals can go without their typical amount of lighting?

·
Jumbo Shrimp
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would be ok with a day or two of no night but any longer I would rig something up so you can light them for several hrs a day
Thanks! I've now got all of the light-hungry animals under the lamps again. So far everything seems to be pretty happy with their new situation, so hopefully things stay stable until I can get them back in the tank.

Attachments

·
Jumbo Shrimp
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mama wants new carpet..:lovebirds:...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Mama ain't happy, nooooooooboby's happy
Ain't that the truth.

Loverotties said:
Moving all that probally caused a cycle(check your readings!)
Good idea. So far Ammo and Nitrites are at zero, but I'll make it a point to check every day while they are in the tubs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.