The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched from a 75 to a 125. On the old tank I had Compact PCs. When I moved over the the new tank I switched to MH. After the lights go out in the evening the temp begins to climb. Seems backwards to me. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
911 Posts
well that happened to me last night. The temp here in CT was really high yesterday and my AC wasn't on. Therefore the temp when from 80 to 86 last night. I shut down all lights tried to air out the tank the best I could. All fish and things are fine, temp is back down to 80 now

·
Registered
111 Posts
My house tends to hold heat in the attic. If I close it up too early in the evening the house heats back up, in turn heating the tank up. Also installed a computer fan and exit vent on the fully enclosed stand, and that seems to have helped. Still can't wait to get a chiller. That seems to be the only way to stay in total control of temp.
HTH,
Bobby

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least it is not just me! I have kept the room all closed up and adjusted the AC to a lower temp.

How effective is adding a small fan to circulate over the sump?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I added one to my sump area and it is not helping, the temp on my tank was 83 last night, I plan on getting a 8kbtu air conditioner for the room that way we both get cool.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
AC is at 78 most of the year here..I also have a 5" fan running on the sump and it brings down the temp a few deg when I dont run the air in the winter..maybe a fan wll help at night..I bought my last one at Walmart cheap and it clips onto my stand

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I keep the AC on 76 while I'm at home. 78 the rest of the time and while I'm sleeping. Still getting temps pushing 83.5 after the lights go out. I think winter will be better since I keep the temp in the house around 72.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That may be in the works$$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts