The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Sir Master Deuter the 3rd
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a galaxia coral, can you tell me where in the tank i should put it? lot's of light or low light? I have t5's and 150w halides. how fast they grow? just anything you know about this coral fill me in. Mainly right now i just need to know if i should put him up high or not.

· lets see, milk or coral?
456 Posts
we have had one over a year with no problems, it's kept on the bottom of our tank with moderate flow and it seems happy we like to watch those little hand like fins popping in and out their holes

· Registered
8,356 Posts
Middle of the tank with a decent amount of random flow. It helps if you can have the flow aimed to blow the long stingers away from the nearby corals. I had mine under 150mh's in my old 75g setup. Does well with constant fragging and grows quickly in my experience. Pics taken about 5 months apart.

Nov06

Mar 07

· Sir Master Deuter the 3rd
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks jason, my galaxia has not opened up like yours, i got flow directly on it, maybe it's still adapting to knew water conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.