The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY Y'ALL!

A day of possible showers lay ahead around here, and in the mid 60's........personal preference leans towards yesterday's sunshine and mid 70's rather than THIS.

Coffee is up, and hankering a scrambled egg sandwich the next burst of coffee induced energy that comes along.

May rainbows n Skittles rule the day,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Oh boyeeee, coffee and scrambled egg sandwiches for breakfast. I’ll offer nanners, Orange sections, and apples.
Bleck, hope the rain doesn’t ruin the grooviness of your work day. 🐫🐪

Doug - Your broken headlight thing is a real pain! Hope your delivery day is towable or better.

Jeff - Wooo hooo on getting tye new foster, Doc! He will be in good hands with you and Blyth!
Pleeeeze post a photo of Higgins.

Yippee - no meetings or appointments today!!
On the comfort front, I’ve ordered a back and seat cushion from cushion in hopes to make sitting in a chair away from home more comfortable, and also a Nature’s Guest pillow for sleeping comfort. Hoping these things help!

Lots of love and hugs and peace fir everyone!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Good Morning all the weather ahs been great here in WI. Way above normal, we hit 80 yesterday.
Last few days we got some of the garden in. Planted about 300 radishes and a about half out spinach and lettuce. A little early but need to take advantage of the cooler weather while you can.
Actually those plants like cold weather plants and it may even be a little too warm for them.
Moved a ton of dirt and I am dead beat.

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Good Morning All, 33F at break of dawn. Delivery day, so crazy will be the norm today

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Mornin' all.

Coffee this AM with a "chocolate royal" keto "shake" added to it. Actually, if you ignore the fact it's supposed to be chocolate and coffee, it ain't dat bad.

The first month of the coral subscription went into the tank yesterday. 1 softie, 5 LPS, and 1 SPS. moving them around to see where they like to sit. Too bad we don't have a flow meter to measure localized flow in the tank. ;)

The weather cooled off a tad. Woke up to mid-40s, but still going to hit mid 80's today. wStill better than the low 90s a few days ago.

Whelp, time to go catch up with missed posts.

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good afternoon, David, Doug, and Steve!

Good Morning all the weather ahs been great here in WI. Way above normal, we hit 80 yesterday.
Last few days we got some of the garden in. Planted about 300 radishes and a about half out spinach and lettuce. A little early but need to take advantage of the cooler weather while you can.
Actually those plants like cold weather plants and it may even be a little too warm for them.
Moved a ton of dirt and I am dead beat.
300 radishes!! Holy cow, David! Where do you sell them? Any watermelon radishes? When they are ready to eat, throw som down here. My BIL loves radishes,

Good Morning All, 33F at break of dawn. Delivery day, so crazy will be the norm today
Brrrrrr is that 35 typical for this time of year. Hope grooviness falls upon your shift.

Steve - Imagine not having a water flow meter thingie. 😏
Good to hear that your highs will be a wee bit cooler than yesterday’s oven.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Good afternoon, David, Doug, and Steve!

300 radishes!! Holy cow, David! Where do you sell them? Any watermelon radishes? When they are ready to eat, throw som down here. My BIL loves radishes,
No water melon radishes. French breakfast, German giant, rivoli and cherry bell. We do not sell we eat them. The extra I take to work with me.
I will never harvest that many though. Some need to be thinned out or just do not make it. Allot depends on weather if it gets warm the bulbs do not form and they bolt to seed.
They actually keep a while compared to most vegetables.
That is only half and in several weeks we will plant more and then in the fall we usually get a planting or two.
We have a pretty large garden. One year we had 28 tomato plants. We can, dehydrate and freeze allot of stuff too.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Got fired today. Whatever. Leaving with the smartest and prettiest lady in the building.

My arm is a mess from that accident. I was told that I violated lock out tag out. No guards, no procedures, no training and we are part of a three billion dollar company. A small town lawyer thought this might be a case. I asked my company who to put down at the contact, and ten minutes later the Global HR whatever Karen lady contacted me. Also, a peer out of the blue said that I violated lock out tag out and should let it go.

I'll get a new job fast, but this is interesting. Going to the doctor Friday, then all the paper pushers can figure it out.

Have a nice evening folks.

·
Super Moderator
22,090 Posts
Afternoon all,

Cath, went to look on my phone for a pic of Higgins,,, nuttin. Looks like the pics earlier than “recent “ went to the cloud of wherever. Dern phone in close to its capacity and plays around with apps etc... if anything I will take a fresh pic of him at some point tonite and post .

Bummer Perry, but “lock outs” are stone solid , including making sure stored energy ( bleeding off air/hyd along with making sure stuff otherwise does not move. Locking out was drilled in our heads from day one . Way too many things ta kill/maim ya in a steel mill Also have safety protocol set up to the hilt , so by chance one gets hurt/injured/killed, it takes a lot to eliminate safety protocol as being part of the root cause,,, making it darn near impossible to be called a true “accident” . Hope you bounce back into the next sweet gig .

Another outside chore gold Star day here. The trucking company that is bringing Sis’s HVAC for her sunroom/parrot room got delayed a day for arrival, the called and said it did not make the deadline for making the route today,,, no real biggie, other than my blocking time to be around to offload the semi,,, so it’ll happen tomorrow.
When I found that out, I went head first into outside chores, Power raked the fenced in back yard , then picked up the chaff with the push mower w/ bagger attaches. Took 2 passes to fill the bagger and had the Deere waiting at the gate to toss the leavings in the loader bucket,,,, was 5-6 trips to the compost pile , then fold it into the pile and watered the compost pile , first with a root feeder rod to get water in the middle, then a sprinkler on top to soak in from the top,Expect it to start “cooking” any day now.
Replaced the string trimmer’s shaft and housing , and road tested it on the back yard fence and other places that needed a lowering.
Blyth spent the day in the “round garden” near the pole barn , that I rototill’d last nite, already has daffodils lining the perimeter, dunno what she is planting inwards.
Spent a lil time in the blueberry field, attacking some vines and orphan saplings that got away from me when I had my last back surgery.
Kinda want to get the burn pile is ignited and burnt up before I add much more to it currently . Could prob hide a full size Chevy van in the size of the pile now,,,

50# bag of grass seed in the morning ,then the plan is to broadcast fertilizer ( “natural “ stuff, along the lines of Milorganite, which can be with grass seed and not kill it) and whatever else the shopping cart at TSC is deemed needed.....

Long hot shower next,,,then it’ll be “fend for yerself” for dinner , since Blyth is too whupped to roust up grub and I’m not in the mood to drive to pick up take out, heheh.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Afternoon all, today has been a long cruddy day, I cant begin to outline it all. I may have to go back later. Meanwhile i need to clean out Daughters truck. Since i may have to go back to work am gonna miss a BBQ at grandsons house, his older sister is in town, oh well

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope you didn't have to go back in Doug? I had to stay late myself....a couple extra hours because of jaboni's!

Perry.......hmmmmmm......hope you land on your feet in a 'good place'. Want to try your luck at the sea shore? Short as snot handed around here, and no one wants to work.....UE pays too well lately.

Mushroom cheese steak subs for dinner, and of course there's a scad left on the drain board.

MAN do I feel dumb about radishes......round, red on the out side, and white on the inside, and CRUNCH when you bite into them. That was the extent of my knowledge. THEY GOT NAMES? WOW!

Hope peace rules the night,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Hope you didn't have to go back in Doug? I had to stay late myself....a couple extra hours because of jaboni's!

Perry.......hmmmmmm......hope you land on your feet in a 'good place'. Want to try your luck at the sea shore? Short as snot handed around here, and no one wants to work.....UE pays too well lately.

Mushroom cheese steak subs for dinner, and of course there's a scad left on the drain board.

MAN do I feel dumb about radishes......round, red on the out side, and white on the inside, and CRUNCH when you bite into them. That was the extent of my knowledge. THEY GOT NAMES? WOW!

Hope peace rules the night,
Hack
Hack I have every skill, and work harder than pretty much anyone but you. Dead serious about this. That sounds like a "forever" job to me.

Got my number?

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Bummer Perry, but “lock outs” are stone solid , including making sure stored energy ( bleeding off air/hyd along with making sure stuff otherwise does not move. Locking out was drilled in our heads from day one . Way too many things ta kill/maim ya in a steel mill Also have safety protocol set up to the hilt ,
We had no protocols, I had to bring in my own lock for high voltage work and if a press went down there was hell to pay Jeff. Now those will be put into effect, written in my blood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts