The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Here are some pictures of the 180 gallon tank move.

The move went pretty smoothly, thanks to some good help.

We (Well, really they. I just took pictures:) ) took out all of the sand, live rock (about 200 lbs), and fish and put them into trash cans and buckets.

mpdharley loaned me this 4' x 4' x 18" holding tank to hold all of the rock and fish. The move would have been so much harder without the holding tank. He also put baffles in a 75 gallon acrylic tank that will be used for the sump, and built a box to hold my asm g-4 skimmer.
Thanks Mike.

Thanks also to Atlantis and Bioreef for their help

We hope to have it completely set up next week. More pics soon.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

The top bracing is regular glass. You can really see the green tint. The front and sides are starfire and look much more blue.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

The sump we are using is a 75 gallon acrylic tank that came with the 180. Because of the bracing on the sump, we weren't able to fit the asm g4 skimmer, so we asked mpdharley to build us a separate acrylic box to hold the skimmer. It will connect to the 75 using 2 1 1/2" bulkheads. The only downfall to that is that we have no additional room under the stand. So, the pump is going to be behind the stand. I can easily access it through the stand if necessary.
Lord willing, we will have the tank on the stand tomorrow and most of the plumbing finished. Mr. Teach is doing a great job. Thanks for all of the advice Robert.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Looking great! Can't wait to see complete setup.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tank is finally out of the garage and in the house! This thing was a beast to get onto the stand. I actually had to help this time. :p
Hopefully we will get the plumbing finished in the next day or so.

·
Not the LFS.......
460 Posts
That is a great looking tank and stand. What are your plans to hide the overflow piping, carefully placed aquascaping?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ocnreef said:
That is a great looking tank and stand. What are your plans to hide the overflow piping, carefully placed aquascaping?
Acrylic covers will go over the overflows.

·
Not the LFS.......
460 Posts
Does the top flip open also? And I imagine the front hood doors open. That is sharp looking. It is Oak with a natural finish correct? Sorry for all the questions.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts