The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Rick, I seem to recall that you, Andy and Jenn all know about Tim. However, like Sam, I don't. All I've heard is that he knows a lot about water quality.

Could you provide us with a link about him?

I'm not saying I'm not willing to make him an honary member, but I'd like to more about him first.

Also, besides the guys from the GA Aquarium and Kent and Seachem, did we ever make Eric Borneman or Dana Riddle honary members?

Should we develop criteria in determining when we should nominate someone to be an honary member (e.g., lifetime of research which furthered our hobby)?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I like Tom and I think he is a great guy, but I am going to play devils advocate and say he should not be an honorary member....unless we have just cause. Just because someone is speaking, does not make them an honorary member does it? I know he is driving a decent distance to come, but.....

To my knowledge, we have not made anyone an official honorary member. We need to have some sort of criteria, as Bob suggested. We can discuss it tonight at the BOD meeting.

We have talked about Eric, Dana, and the staff at the GA aquarium....Bruce Carlson, etc.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MyReef said:
To my knowledge, we have not made anyone an official honorary member.
Kent Marine and Seachem are honorary members according to our website.

I think driving down from SC to speak to us for free is a pretty good reason. I'm all for making Eric and Dana honorary members.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts