The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking we could have a fundraiser auction at the February Frag swap. We can accept donations of new or used items with the proceeds going to the April 8th Eric Borneman talk. I was thinking another use of extra funds would be to reimburse people for parking. Let's hope we have that problem. Anyway, I'll list the items we have confirmed so far:

1) Frag tank, donated by Aquatic Acrylics
2) Kalk Reactor donated by Reefmania
3) Echino frags donated by me.

6) Tsunami Dual DI System donated by the Filter Guys
7) "Corals" book by Eric Borneman donated by Dirk Griffin
(I'm sure we can get Eric to autograph this to add to the value)
8) One Aquascape session in TC area not to exceed 6 hours donated by David Grigor (valid on new tank or tank upgrade only)
9) Premium LPS Frag Pack donated by RazerCorals.com
10) 5 x 7 autographed pic of Devin and Michael Jackson donated by Koi Boy

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
otolith said:
I will donate a frag of the purple monster and Oregon Tort to the cause. :)
Very generous Derek. That's awesome. :)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
otolith said:
I will donate a frag of the purple monster and Oregon Tort to the cause. :)
very generous of you dereck!
well i might have to buy those just for insurance incase i nuke mine with the acro flat worm treatments. if i do buy them i will have to have you hold them for me once again. lol

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I will throw out a frag of the Idaho Grape!

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smeese said:
I will throw out a frag of the Idaho Grape!
Thanks Steve! I love mine. It's really an intense purple with white polyps! At this rate we'll have no problem with the financial end. :)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to Fahz and Dirk. You guys are really helping a ton! :)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David Grigor said:
Mike, PM sent.
Excellent. David has a ton of knowledge on this subject and 6 hours of expert help would be invaluable.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
tico mike said:
Excellent. David has a ton of knowledge on this subject and 6 hours of expert help would be invaluable.

hummmm i have a 300 going up in the near future. he he he
and that di unit from fahz would be a good addition to my ro unit. thank god its in feb. i will have to save up some cash for the auction.

by the way do we have an auctioneer for this auction? he has to be able to speak real fast. he he he i guess you will have to practice in the shower tico mike. :banana:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I will put together and donate a 5 Coral Premium LPS Frag Pack from my business.
Including: Sexy Green Acan, Cottoncandy Echino, and Rainbow Acan.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FastFish720 said:
I will put together and donate a 5 Coral Premium LPS Frag Pack from my business.
Thanks Jake, I got you down. Is your business called the Cutting Edge? I would like to list who is making the donation... :)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tico mike said:
Thanks Jake, I got you down. Is your business called the Cutting Edge? I would like to list who is making the donation... :)
You must of been editting your post while I was typing. Now I'm really confused...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spazz said:
by the way do we have an auctioneer for this auction? he has to be able to speak real fast. he he he i guess you will have to practice in the shower tico mike. :banana:
Jerry is the fastest talker I know. He would make a perfect auctioneer.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tico mike said:
I was thinking we could have a fundraiser auction at the February Frag swap. We can accept donations of new or used items with the proceeds going to the April 8th Eric Borneman talk. I was thinking another use of extra funds would be to reimburse people for parking. Let's hope we have that problem. Anyway, I'll list the items we have confirmed so far:

1) Frag tank, donated by Aquatic Acrylics
2) Kalk Reactor donated by Reefmania
3) Echino frags donated by me.
4) Purple Monster and Oregon Tort donated by Otolith
5) Idaho Grape (Reef Farmers LE) donated by Smeese
6) Tsunami Dual DI System donated by the Filter Guys
7) "Corals" book by Eric Borneman donated by Dirk Griffin
(I'm sure we can get Eric to autograph this to add to the value)
8) One Aquascape session in TC area not to exceed 6 hours donated by David Grigor (valid on new tank or tank upgrade only)
I want it to be out loud. Silent auctions are OK, but usually someone will just wait to the end. Then you have to track them down and meet up. That's what they call a Pain ITA.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts