The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I have no life, just fish
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will need someone to top off the tanks and feed the fish Sept 14th-21st. I live in the NE corner of Burnsville. The tanks would need to be topped off daily. Let me know if can help me out. Thanks

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Topped off Daily. You need a cheap easy top off solution for times like these. Let me know if you want help doing it. That way you only need someone to feed every few days.

I work in Burnsville and could help out during weekdays but won't be able to help with weekends as I live across town. Perhaps Ernie or Gary could handle the weekend.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a float switch wired up and ready to be plugged into a pump iffin you wanna go that route I won't need it for a while, maybe never. Lemme know
Matt

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David, help would be great. I already have a RO line run to the reef tank, but I have not drilled the hole in the sump for the Kent float valve. I've been a little nervous about drilling the acrylic sump. I would like to try to do it in place.

For the 100gal, I may just need to rig up a temp water storage for vacation times and go the float switch to a pump route. 20 gal would easily do for a week.

Matt, I do have a float switch and a spare pump, so I just need to wire them up.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
No problem tank sitting during the weekdays.

Also I can drill that acrylic sump in place no problem. The Kent float valve just takes a 5/8" hole. Or if you want can mount the float valve in a hang on specimen container so you don't have to drill the sump. Can do it either way.....piece of cake.... Probably best if made the changes at least 2 weeks in advance to make sure working well before the vacation.

·
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may have to go with the drill. I don't know if there would be room for the hang on. That sump is not that big. Let me know when you would have some time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts