The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
18,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in 20 years I am tankless.
It won't last for long mind you. I am working on a new tank as we speak. But it will be different.
I think that is an important part of this hobby to talk about, the fact that we go through ebbs and flows of our fishkeeping. I have had as many as 9 tanks at once but this is the first time in many years I have had zero.
Keeping fish is so much a part of my identity, it's even on my personalized license plate. But we have to admit to ourselves, sometimes, that smaller, or easier, is needed.
The 80 gallon reef is gone. I just wasn't able to keep it up the way I knew I should if I were to consider myself a responsible steward.

I will be setting up a 28-gallon planted tank. Yup, freshwater.

If I have time I will share the progress in the freshwater section.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,956 Posts
I’ve had times when we had a houseful of tanks and equipment. To time of no tanks for a number of reason and setbacks. I’m back to have if more then I expected with seahorse breeding and raising fry. I’m like you. It more then a hobby but a big part of my life.

· Administrator
20,813 Posts
A real pleasure hearing from you Chad.....been too long! :giggle:

YES.......there are them amongst us this becomes a part of, and feel naked on the street corner when it's missing. I just recently lost my frag system due to a horrible accident.
A real kick in the keister when that happens.
Taking a wee amount of time off, and then will get another set up......but as you, I may come in small, but corals none the less.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about it as you go Chad.....All the best,
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,888 Posts
Good call Chad. It is only fun when it is fun. I am the same way. I absolutely LOVE aquariums and there is always room for another but eventually I spend more time with my arms in them than I do with my eyes on them. At that point I down size and relax for a while.

Planted tanks are a whole art form in their own right. Make sure you post pics of the build for us! Make a thread in the freshwater section. I wanna see!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts