The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking better every day................and the skimmer is working finally...........i got about 1/2" of green slim so far

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Looks good Ion! Hey, just had an idea, why don't you adjust the maxijet on the right so that the outlet points UP at the opposite corner. That will improve the oxygen exhange and might improve the circulation patterns. Right now, it looks like all the flow is directed just straight down at the rocks - it might be too laminar. Anyway, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have been playing with that one for awhile.........the skimmer and overflow box create a nice ripple on the top.............so i wasnt sure if its enough................plus with the skimmer, overflow, wet/dry.............the water is tumbling lot....................????????????

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Man why is your water so cloudy, i would do a total tear down!

LOL!!! just Kiddin! Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :banana: :beer: :wavey:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
please send me the green gunk from the skimmer I like to maranate my steaks with it.

Good Job Tanks is looking great.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
ionracing said:
i have been playing with that one for awhile.........the skimmer and overflow box create a nice ripple on the top.............so i wasnt sure if its enough................plus with the skimmer, overflow, wet/dry.............the water is tumbling lot....................????????????
It's not just the surface agitation that I'd be interested in increasing but the overall flow pattern. With the current setup, it looks like you basically have two currents pointing to the middle of the tank from above. This will probably create 2 circular flow patterns - clockwise on the left and counter clockwise on the right. Which is alright, don't get me wrong. I just thought that if you directed one of the powerheads on the right to a different position, it would create a more random flow pattern throughout the tank which would help keep detritus suspended in the water column so that the skimmer can get it out. Just a thought :idea:

Hoang

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
No, keep the powerhead where it is but aim the outlet towards the opposite corner of the tank and UP towards the surface of the water. When you add corals to the tank, you probably won't want to have flow directly at them anyway, it may damage the tissue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts