The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well everything minus the skimmer is gona be here next week.....once it comes in i have pics of the stand that i built and will take pics of the goodies and start the BUILD LOG on it......:blob:

its been a long time waiting and im not a very patient person.....just glad brad has bared with me and all the "IS IT HERE YET" questions!!!

not sure when the skimmer is coming in....but hopefully next week as well....very interested in seeing this VERTEX 180 in action....

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your setup DJ! I know the feeling of impatience all too well :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
cant wait> what kind of a tank is it. cant say ive ever heard of a vertex.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Vertex skimmers are similar to Euro-Reef, only cheaper and with somewhat "iffy" pumps. They're a steal for the price--that's for sure. Premium Aquatics sells them, among others. They look to be a promising skimmer, but they don't use the best pumps out there. Still, though, it's a good deal even if you had to replace the pump some day.

-Joe

·
Registered
773 Posts
ahh i thought he was saying the tank was made by vertex, i gotcha now lol.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thats the reason why I chose vertex but I didnt know about the pump issues. Hmm we will have to see when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
The only confirmed issues were with pumps in the Vertex internal 100 skimmers, and I think it actually turned out to be impeller problems. I followed the Vertex Owners Group thread on Reef Central for a while, but stopped a while ago. People were really happy with the skimmers, it's just that the pumps on more expensive skimmers are better, but that's because the more expensive skimmers use more expensive pumps and the Vertex aren't a mega-expensive skimmer...

-Joe

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i read an update on them that they redesigned the bubbler plate and pump....so hopefully there will be no issues.....

·
Registered
932 Posts
only time will tell

·
REEFer In Progress
1,423 Posts
Yea I know what you mean about being impatient DJ! I have everything that I need for my tank and I have to wait to set it up!! lol it sucks so bad, but they wait will be worth it in the long run..

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very true zach.......wish i was waiting on a 180 or bigger to go up!!! but the 90 will satisfy the BEAST inside for a bit!!! LOL

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I'm with Zach on this one... Imagine having a display tank sitting in your garage for 4 months and knowing that you are moving and having all of the equipment to set it up then having to wait another month seeing you are doing renovations to the house and the dust would create headaches for the tank... Then getting the tank setup and having to wait two months for the rock and sand to cycle... That's what REALLY sucks about this hobby (that's what happened to me with starting my tank lol).

Can't wait to see what this setup is going to look like as it sounds like you've put some good thought into it. I'm not familiar with the vertex skimmer at all so this will be a very interesting thread for me to read. I don't know if I remember or not... Did you end up getting the dual RR overflow or the single?

Jason

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
went with the single max flow......like 1500gph i think it what it was rated at.....

i just really want to see the starfire glass.....and hope it was worth the money!!! LOL

TANK WILL BE IN WI ON TUESDAY.....comin in 2 days early.....but i still probablly wont see it till later on.....:bawling:......unless brad feels like being nice and playing santa!!!!!:dance:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts