The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new lights, finally...

Cool Guy mini's.. 250w on the ends, and a 400w in the center.
10K Reeflux bulbs, and the Coralvue eBallasts.

From the front:

And with the trim in place... Still have to paint those doors...

But they add a lot of heat to the room, and with the doors shut....

·
Registered
284 Posts
nice how u liking those reeflux???

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
wow i thought i would be dead in the dirt before you got those up and running. :agree:

looks good!

how hot is the tank water getting? how long are you running them for? how are the corals reacting to the new lights? you might get some bleaching from the new lights. be careful. new bulbs = bleaching and stress to the corals.

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some things are thriving, others lightened up quite a bit...
I swear I can see daily growth from that one hitch hiker coral that was on that rock I got from you, spazz...

The lights are each on for 4.5 hours, turning on one hour apart, and, of course, off again one hour apart.

Water gets to 82. More fans are are in the works. I think I'm going to need a controller of some kind to keep this all stable, temp-wise.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Just think how much better it will look with some bio-balls...:lol: .
Very nice!

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's see...
Reeflux bulbs? I like 'em fine. They turn on AND off. Seriously, I have little experience with MH, my last setup many years ago used VHOs. The 400w seems more blue (looking at the bulb) than the 250s.

The tank, as it says on my .sig, is a 125. The lights aren't all that high, but the light does spread into the tank well. The bulbs are new, and things are still adjusting to 'em.. or bleaching out :D

I don't have any new pics of the fishie room. It's a total and complete mess, and I don't really have anything new or exciting going on in the other tanks at the moment. I won't do anything new in there until I get the temperature situation under control to the point where I can keep the fishie room door closed all day. The other tanks are a high mounted 75 refugium w/DSB (behind the cardboard in the first pic), and a pair of 40BRs, one with a few frags still remaining, and the other with several pounds of LR and little else. Certainly nothing else I put there on purpose!

BTW, the room I had the meeting in looks a LOT different now. For the better, I hope. The walls are even painted!

Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts