The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok excuse my ignorance only being here for a couple months now. But I know in DFWMAS on a quarterly basis we used to Tank Tours of the members houses. We would plan a Saturday and visit about 6-8 tanks for roughly 45 minutes or so at a time so people could tell about what they have, ask/answer questions etc.

Much like here the DFW area is very spread out so we would do an "area" at a time. Like NE outside the perimeter, NW outside the perimeter, Inside the perimeter, etc, etc. Do we do anything like this?

·
Snorkelholic
441 Posts
A few of us are in the Buford and Sugar Hill area.. close to you. However you have to take a frag of xenia upon exit.
:nuts:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Ha, I like that one Joe. Don't forget Elongata too

I am in Suwanee you are more than welcome to come buy and take a looke at the 90 gallon reef I have with a fish closet were I keep the sump and skimmer. But if I start talking about it you might end up staying more than 45 minutes.....

I talk for a living.

·
Registered
338 Posts
kwl1763 said:
Ok excuse my ignorance only being here for a couple months now. But I know in DFWMAS on a quarterly basis we used to Tank Tours of the members houses. We would plan a Saturday and visit about 6-8 tanks for roughly 45 minutes or so at a time so people could tell about what they have, ask/answer questions etc.

Much like here the DFW area is very spread out so we would do an "area" at a time. Like NE outside the perimeter, NW outside the perimeter, Inside the perimeter, etc, etc. Do we do anything like this?
I like the idea, I would be game for something like this. Have not seen this happen. Only time I have been to others houses was to pick up frags or watch them break down their tank

Mike

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
kwl1763 said:

.... Do we do anything like this?
While I still like the idea of a "Tour of Tanks", out of the 3 times I've tried organizing one, we've only held 1. The first one had about 10 folks touring and we went to about 4 homes and saw ~10 tanks.

The last 2 times I tried to organize them we didn't get much interest, but that was 2 yrs ago!

Maybe it's time we tried again!

Bob

·
Registered
557 Posts
is in buford too.. free xenia.. i'm there.
i'd give ya a rock to replace too. might have some mushrooms or zoo's on it though..

·
Registered
630 Posts
I would participate in this, assuming my schedule did not prevent it. I would both tour and host in the North/East group. I live close to Lawrenceville....

Jim

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
I would like to participate. I am in the North Central or North Eastern group

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok sounds like plenty of interest. With the holidays coming up quickly we should probably plan it for Jan. for now lets stick to the NorthEast areas (North of 285, east of 400) and see what happens.

So far looks like at least 5 or six people. Keep adding your name if intersted. Let's shoot for 2nd Sat in Jan if that's OK with everyone.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
This is a great idea - let me know (or Chris Horne if it is in 2006) if we can help at all in setting it up (e.g. e-mail to members, mentioning it at the December meetings, etc.).Steve

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
SShindell said:
This is a great idea - let me know (or Chris Horne if it is in 2006) if we can help at all in setting it up (e.g. e-mail to members, mentioning it at the December meetings, etc.).Steve
That would be me. :)

Sign me up as well, but only to visit right now (any area)- my tank just had a small crash while I was away on vacation, so I'm really not ready to show right now.

You're talking about Jan 14, 2006, correct?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am in Lawrenceville. Now that my MRC CR is up an running the tank is looking pretty good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts