The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
New Reefer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my reef tank pictures that i took just now.

I need sueestions on setting up the Live rock. I spent 30 mins today, changing then, shifting one after another and got to this.. but since ill be adding corals late on, i want suggestions on how to set em up so they look good.

I also what to know what coral tha in on my rock, if someone does'nt mind identifying it for me. and is it the right place for it?

Anyother suggestins for my tank?
----------------
PICTURES UPDATED

Attachments

·
Hotty Toddy !!
91 Posts
the rocks look great. Have no idea what the coral is.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
No idea on the coral. As for rock work, ask yourself a simple question. Do YOU like the way it looks? That is more important than what I like. I don't have to look at it every day, you do. But, I would try to open it up a little more. Try and see if you can get some of the middle rocks out of it to make it look more like cave entrances. Give the fish (when you add them) more places to go in, around and through the rock work.

In that first picture on the left, you have a flat rock that appears to be in the "middle" of the stack with other smaller rocks on top. Take that flat rock and stack it on top of the rocks just to the right of it, then build another ledge on the left side for it to sit on. Give it a Flintstone Garage look to it :)

Good luck with it.

·
New Reefer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ty allot for the ideas, ill be looking foward.

and the flat rock is a base rock, you think i should move it up? it looks kinda dull. not much algae on it. but i guess moving it up should help.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Make the flat rock the "roof" of a cave. Use small rocks to build each "wall" of the cave, put the flat rock on it for a roof. Doesn't matter that its base rock, it will turn into live rock in time. The flat rock on top will also give you a flat stable surface for sitting frags and/or plugs for frags on. I just like the "cave" look :)

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Welcome and post picc. You could try the same thing with that large rock in the center on the bottom. Have two cave entrances, a large and a small one.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I agree with Randy. You have to look at it. The flat roof will be a big help going forward . You will know when it's right . Good Luck

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
Just make sure everything is solid once you like the look. Push on the tops of the rocks and a little around the edges to make sure nothing tips. You don't want to crash the formation when you start glueing frags on to the rocks. Also, you don't want any large turbo grazers to be able to tip something.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
I like it. It isn't something you get perfect the first time. It takes time, patience, and diligence to get it to look the way you want it to look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts