The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even tho I am suffering a major ich outbreak - here's my tank so far.....

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ooooooo..........

Ahhhhhhh......
Ohhhhhhh......
Great! How long ya' been workin' on it?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I see what you mean about the rockwork in regards to catching the fish. Nevertheless, it looks like an awfully nice tank.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Sorry to hear about the "Ick" problem but your tank is looking great and nice aquascaping as well!:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback - sorry I didn't respond sooner. The tank was set up in the beginning of May so I guess it is about 3 months old. I am very happy with it so far. Still have to tweak a few things and of course add more STUFF! But I am TRYING to take it slow since the "ich" epidemic. I am still trying to find a spot to make that toadstool happy (and open up). He doesn't seem to like this spot in the front either. I'll probably move him tomorrow....

I'll post more pics as I progress.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you do not have a skunk cleaner shrimp, get one. Your fish w/ ick will come over to it and it will pick off the spots of ick and eat it! Very cool. Neon goby's are another cleaner fish that will eat ick. HTH

·
Super Moderator
27,708 Posts
Wow! it looks really good...esp for just 3 months. :)

btw...my toads can get into a funk for a couple of days, and then they get over it.
How long has it been pouting ?

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Ylmaya are you using a turkey baster to squirt debris off the coral? Soft corals benefir from enough flow to help them shed their slime coats when they need to to slough off dead tissue, algae cells and the like. Be sure and get the tank its own brand new baster and label it to avoid uh ohs ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK Doug - I will go out and get a Turkey Baster today.......the cup coral is not white - I think it is just a reflection from the flash in the photo. THere is an area in its center where there aren;'t as many polyps but it is all yellow. No debris settled there. The toadstool has been in a funk since I got it. The first three days it opened beautifully then nothing. I moved it to its current location where it sloughed slime and then opened for one day and again nothing. I will try moving it again today. I was having temp control issues tho and now that is stabilized so I am sure that will help. THanks for all the feedback!

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
PS the cleaner shrimp are a good suggestion, and you may want to look into a UV sterilizer if the ich continues long term

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a cleaner shrimp....and yes - I was wondering about UV since I know I will have quite a few fish......how does it effect the water column in terms of plankton etc? Will the corals be void of natural food in the water then?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts