The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any company that sells insurance for a tank and what damage it might cause???

here is the deal we were buying a trailer from my aunt ( by marriage) and moved here with a deal, well that deal went into a 130,000.00 dollar 16x80 mobile home with no land. so we decided to just rent and look for soemthing different. well today she had the never to say something about my tanks that have been in the home since we moved in. anyway a big mess but until we can find something else I gotta try to appeaze the ANYWAY becasue I refuse to get rid of my tanks until we decide where we are going if I move back to AR then I dont see a problem in selling off so that I dont have a big chance of things dying before I can get things up and going again.

so if anyone knows anything that can help me out I would be apprecative,,

Mike

·
Administrator
47,678 Posts
You can try and get a rider to cover them under renters insurance

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wonder if flood insurance would cover it... since I'd think that 99% of problems regarding tanks would involve water damage...
The other 1% I don't even want to think about. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
I asked specifically about this under my renters insurance plan that I purchased 6 months ago. If it causes damage from leaking it's covered, up to 100k on my plan. As I understand it, this is not flood damage as it's not part of the plumbing in the dwelling or a river, if ya know what I mean.

I'd ask your agent to be for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My renters insurance covers my tanks as well, check into this option.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
When we lived in an apartment, we had tanks and a waterbed. We made sure there was a "water escape" rider on our renters' policy "just in case".

When we bought a house, had the same tanks, waterbed and a POOL - we made sure we had water escape insurance then too.

Jenn

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I check with the renters insurance and being in this part of Texas they said they didnt not and would not cover that type of damage. I got the same responce from several companys that I called about it. I didnt know if there was a company that delt with this type of insurance or not.. I was hopeing anyway,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts