The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the area and want to setup a DIY algea scrubber. I have a spare 30 gal tank I want to use but need to drill some bulkhead holes. 2 questions:

1) Does a 30 gal AGA tank have tempered glass for the back? (I don't need to drill the bottom for my plan)

2) Anyone know a good place to get it drilled or have a bit I can borrow? I live in the Alpharetta area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The best would be to eamil AGA directly and ask them. Tell them when the tank was made, if you know and the measurements so they know exactly what tank you have! I think a couple people in the club have drills and can drill tank at meetings....

And welcome to Atlanta and glad you made your way over!

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Schwaggs,

I would ask Jorge at Aquarium Showcase about drilling. They are the only Fish Store in the Alpharetta area and I drive way out my way to visit his shop. At least that I know of.. I am guessing you need a goes into and a goes out of hole in the scrubber?

Ray

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
AGA tanks should be back and side drillable. Only the bottoms are tempered.

Jenn

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, I will check with Aquarium Showcase unless anyone has other options.

I only need a "goes outa" to drain back to my sump as the "goes inta" comes over the top of the tank.

I sent an email to AGA and Jenn is correct, only the bottom of this tank is tempered.

Jon

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You might want to call Jenn at Imagine Ocean.

I believe she does tank drilling also.

I can also drill tanks but I live about 2 hours or more from Atlanta.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.