The Reef Tank banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
I think my large Janss Pipefish may have gone to the big plumbing supply in the sky. I haven't seen him in a few days and he normally sticks out his snout at feeding time.

If he is gone, he has had a good run because he was about 7 years old and I think that is about that lifespan for that fish. I am guessing because I never had one for this long but they are cool fish and I will try (but probably fail) to get another one.

I have only seen 2 or 3 of them in my lifetime except for the two that I had.

Yeah 7 years is a good run. I remember when we though 3 to 4 for a seahorse was good only to find out it was much longer if well cared for.

Super Moderator

Super Moderator
They been hitting the schools busses here on a regular basis lately. But now the laws are for metal companies that buy the stuff . They have to get picture I鈥檇 and can鈥檛 pay for 7 days so law enforcement can check it out. Goes for copper also. I鈥檓 sure they have ways around it

Super Moderator
Hate to say it Paul, that tub is going to leak. Lol I had to remove and old cast iron tub some years back and had to use a sledgehammer to break apart and remove. Remodeled the bath room and within a year the house flooded and we had to rebuild. I paid a contractor to do the work.

Super Moderator
VWD, I wouldn't even know how to hire a contractor.

Hack, you have to be fast to use this tub, fill it before the water runs out. :)
After the flood in 2016 my house took on 31/2 feet of water and pretty much the whole interior was destroyed along with all the furniture. Too much for me to take on by myself. Our whole town was underwater. But then again carpentry wasn鈥檛 my thing anyway. Small stuff I can do. But mechanic work is a breeze for me.

Super Moderator
That yellow tangs is rough. I imagine it will improve over time but as far as looks it will probably have some permanent damage but otherwise healthy. We took in a large sailfin tang in that shape at the store once. Thing was ugly as can get. He heal up but fins never came all the way back.
But after a few years being in a tank up top. No one looked at I managed to fine a buyer.

Super Moderator
Kids only know how to speak the truth. When my daughter was just a little girl. I asked her who was bigger. Me or mom, her answer was mom is sideways and you are tall. So both of you are big.

Super Moderator
I remember when Shelby thought she had it bad and packed up some stuff and went down the street to live at her friend house. The parent knew what was going bin and told her she could stay but they had rules and chores to do. Within a few hours she told them she wanted to go home.
We were going to let it play out. Didn鈥檛 take very long.

Super Moderator
Yeah, things are disposable nowadays. Everything has a short life expectancy , not like my two 39 year old water heaters that where still working fine but had to change for insurance. Same with our A/C unit of the same age that started giving us problems last fall. Not your lucky to get 5 or 10 years out of an appliance.

Super Moderator
You sound like me Paul, I can relate to pretty much everything you said.
this is something I love doing and after 50 years have learned it not something I want to stress over. My fish are fat and healthy, corals I have doing good . When you get that balance just leave thing be.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts