The Reef Tank banner
5361 - 5380 of 5395 Posts

· Administrator
61,379 Posts
My sunrises are later because of the mountains that sun has to peek over. We do get colorful mornings but they dont last long after the sun rises over the mountains. However sun comes up over the Fire Station across the street, and over on the other side of the store is a big open field so when the ait is wet as the sun comes up we get really nice rainbows :)

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,364 ·
I am "kind of" winning the battle with the invasive sponge in my tank. I built this "injecting thing" so I can remotely inject vinegar into the sponge and it is having a pretty big impact.

Sponges hate vinegar, who knew? (I did read it on one of these forums but I forgot which one)

It takes a week or so but the spots I inject die about 3" around the injection spot. I do inject it multiple times in multiple places and I killed about a 6X6" sponge so far.

I am improving the injecting tool so it will last forever (hopefully) because now it is a bit delicate.

I will cut out the large projecting pieces of sponge and remove it but the part that is encrusting all over the rock is easier to inject because the rock prevents the needle from going completely through the thing.

This will take quite a while. :rolleyes:

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,366 ·
I just went to my favorite, but dirty LFS where I brought Humble. I picked up 4 fish for the same price another LFS on the same block (but 5 miles away) for the same price he charges for one fish.

I got a red waspfish, 2 hectors gobies and a female ruby red dragonette.

I got there just as the order came in which is my favorite way to buy fish. Right from the sea before they went into the stores tanks, still in the blue water. :D

White Table Glass Rectangle Transparent material

Automotive lighting Fluid Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Organism Marine invertebrates Fish Fish supply Underwater

Attachments

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,369 ·
Thanks VWD. I am making a little progress eliminating this invasive sponge so maybe I can plant it and more corals on some bare rock, something that I don't have now as it is all covered in sponge which covered my corals.

I can't put in any hard corals because they get covered pretty fast and the toxins when I kill the sponge kills them right away so before I can do much I need to keep at this devil sponge. If I let it go, my tank will be nothing but sponge which it almost is now.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,988 Posts
Paul I’m dealing with aptasia, I have a filefish and a Majano want and take out the ones in front of the rock structure. I think I need a butterfly fish in there. I can’t get to the ones behind the rock and it a little forest of them

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,371 ·
I have 3 filefish and I don't see any aiptasia. But I see a lot of filefish. :D

Good morning. Nothing happened on my cold morning walk today but now I have to be careful because I noticed evidence that Bigfoot may live near here. I can tell because Bigfoot usually breaks trees when he goes for his breakfast.

Brown Plant community Vertebrate Ecoregion Twig

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,373 ·
My walk this morning was wet, windy and cold. Like my Mother used to say, the cold goes right through you.. I would imagine as long as it doesn't pass through anything important like your Gall Bladder, you will be fine. (well, I used to say that last part)

My Grand Mother also used to have a saying.......Unfortunately, the Woman didn't speak a word of English, so I never knew what it was.

Water Water resources Plant Sky Natural landscape

· Administrator
20,836 Posts
Well heck Son.....if you were in the back yard this morning you should have knocked and we'd share morning coffee. :ROFLMAO: Hack

· Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,380 ·
This is posted in the bathroom at my wife's PT place.
I am glad they feel they need to post this but I don't do it this way.

Font Rectangle Gas Electronic device Signage

I like to wet my hands, then dry them, then then add the soap, scrub and walk away. I just don't know why I am sticky for the rest of the day. :flushed-face:

5361 - 5380 of 5395 Posts